peewee (Jun 05, 2001 07:13 p.m.):
well i reinstalled my block and i got some new temps, 42-43c idle at about 1500mhz, is that good??
Give a few more details....
1. Did you use thermal paste on the core? If so what kind?
2. What is ambient temp measured 1" from the processor?
3. What is the room temp where the computer resides?
4. What type of fan and CFM rating is cooling the Radiator?
5. Where's the radiator mounted?
6. How are you determining temp core temp?
43 C idle seems a little high to me. If Asus is that far off then I'd recommend going with Hoot's idea of using one of those temp monitors. I just got my watercooling up last night, and my Duron 650 @ 800 1.625 Volts is idling at 31 C with Ambient of 28 C and room 25 C. I haven't stressed it yet, but plan to tonight, then try going up in Mhz.
I have nearly the same equipment you do. I got a BECOOLING block and MAXIJET 295GPH pump. I used the BECOOING Radiator (single fan 5x5). I measure temps with the in socket thermistor for core, and a Radio Shack digital indoor/outdoor for ambient and room temps. I have a Sunon 120mm X 38mm 108CFM fan mounted to the radiator.
Again, if Asus boards are that far off (10 C) then measure the temp with some other means to verify it.