• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally 3ghz and DDR420 stable!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

Hehe at last I have reached a Prime stable 3ghz with some decent memory bandwidth!
My 2.53ES is now running at 158FSB at 1.7v, and my Corsair XMS3000 is running on the 3:4 divider, for DDR420, CAS2.5 6-3-3 (timings could be better)
Gonna bench using 3dmark and SETI benchmark to see if its A. Faster than my 2.50 C1 in the old P4T533 with RAMBUS in 3dmark, and B. Whether it can keep up with my 2400+ on SETI
Ill keep y'all posted!
:D
cpuarith3ghz.jpg

ddr420.jpg

Hows everyone else doing with this RAM - or do you all have XMS3200? DDR412 is OK but I could do with Cas2!:burn:

micamica1217

very nice OC.

I can't wait to see your seti score.

btw, why don't you think it will beat your 2400+ in seti???

mica

OP
markodude

markodude

Mica - Ive done a 2:43 with my 2400+, which beats all P4's except from Hipro's - the [email protected] and DDR350 CAS2 is a quick chip, probably the quickest I have seen, with DDR400 it will kick ***, Im gonna pop a stick of corsair in there and run SETI, thing is my video card wont run 3dmark past 190FSB....so thats the highest I can go day to day...
BTW The database on SETI needs updating, it hasnt been done for a couple of weeks so my time isnt up yet!

OP
markodude

markodude

I thought that too m8, my C1 stepping did better in Sandra CPU at 3gig than this ES 2.53....
My temps running sandra were down at below 35c so shouldnt be the problem, at full load Im getting 50-53c which is quite high, Im running the silent heat pipe, maybe if I switched to a higher speed fan (current 2700rpm) it would help temps a bit. I thought the mem bandwidth was a bit low too compared to yours at DDR428....
This is the best I have done on a P4 yet, but my XP2400+ is still faster I reckon - 2:43 in SETI Bmark @ 2200mhz, 175FSB DDR350 at CAS2 Turbo, its faster than all P4's in the league except Hipro5's...I need watercooling or a prometia to go faster on any of my CPU's now though - crimbo present someone?!

Jeff Bolton

here's my xms3000 cas2 memory benchmark with my [email protected] (159 fsb, 3:4 memory divider, DDR424?). apparently cas2 does make a difference. i'm still a proponent of higher memory bandwidth rather than higher clock speeds. (plus i doubt i could get 3ghz easily with this damn costa rica chip anyways :p) good luck getting your memory higher.

memory.jpg

jeff

OP
markodude

markodude

Nice - my mem bandwidth is looking lower by the second!
I just tried turning off the thermal monitor using Andreas Stillers utility, but didnt affect my scores - I thought it was worth a try as apparently thermal monitor works independently of the CPU Thermal Diode, so wanted to be sure....thats if this utility actually does anything
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5471 to download

TASOS

markodude said:
Hows everyone else doing with this RAM - or do you all have XMS3200? DDR412 is OK but I could do with Cas2!:burn: [/B]

I recently posted the same about my Corsair module in an other thread.
I also have a PC-3000 rev2.1
I have reached a faulse-free DDR478 @2.9volt Cas2-3-3-7
I use the same mobo (Asus P4B533-E) with a [email protected] + 3/4

Try to run Sandra ram burn-in for a couple of days @2.9volt...and then try your Corsair module again.