• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally better temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManOman

So I was finally able to get my system back together after my move back to Connecticut from Virginia. I was looking forward to reseating my slk-800 seeing as how I was getting some fairly high temps from it (45C idle-48C load,) and I was also eager to try applying ASIII with a latex glove instead of a razor just to see how it would work and whether or not it would be easier.
So I donned my glove, making sure it was really tight so I could get a nice thin layer of ASIII without any ridges or channels. I squeezed out a drop on my index finger and rubbed it into the bottom of the HS first, then I just went straight to the CPU without applying more. It actually spread on alot easier than I thought it would. Four or maybe five circles with my finger and everything was covered nicely, I clipped the HS on and viola I was all done!! Without taking into account the half an hour for the Brasso, Goof-Off, and Alcohol it was finished in less than ten minutes, whereas using a razor would take me well over a half an hour alone
My temps now (after three days) are down to 40C idle-44C load, woohoo!! :D
Moral of the story? Try using a latex glove, you just might like it :)

Must be our cooler temperatures here in Connecticut helping you out too. I will have to give the glove a try though next time I pull my HS off.
Good to see someone else from Connecticut here:)

LA

I'd say it might be the cooler temps here too except we kept the air conditioning running 24/7 at 65F in Virginia.
Thanks for the support, it's great to be back in Connecticut too :)

Back