• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got my 9600xt..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coolcpu2

Registered
Not too bad. Maybe not quite what I had expected, but not too bad. Running aquamark3, I got like less than 8,000 using a FX5200. Using this 9600XT, I get over 28,000.

I do seem to notice occasional sound glitches that I didn't before with the nvidia card however. In the halo demo, when I turn the flashlight on, in close quarters, there is sound stuttering. Not sure if this is some conflict between the new card or just not something I noticed before.

Anyway, not too bad of a card, so far. At least I feel I can play future games with a playable frame rate.

OP
C

coolcpu2

Registered
not sure why the big discrepancy in scores. Maybe you have some high quality settings in the control panel? I'm on a Pentium 2.4g, so our processors should be comparable.

=ACID RAIN=

I get 32000 in aquamark with a 2.5GHz cpu, so it sounds about right for you coolcpu2. Agent_mull, I don't know why you're score would be so low...

f00t

that's what I was thinking. I am on the verge of breaking 35k in aquamark with my pro