• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got my linux folding working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dillinja666

Finally after a week of messing with it I got my Linux folding client working! I would like to thank Mbentley and Porvalsh for helping me out...
Cant wait to check out the increase from useing the windows client..:comp:

edit. So right now its completing 2500 out of 250000 steps every 5 minutes ( so 1% every 5 minutes ).. which means it will finish my 250000 steps in 8.3 hours if im doing my math right...is that a normal speed?

Last edited:
ya... i have no idea how to use that... and have had way too much beer to figure it out right now lol!

when ya wakeup in the morning, get it running! I'm guessing you are running linux in a VM, all you have to do is network the VM (with sharing) and point HFM.net to the folding folder. then viola, it tracks everything for you.

ya... i have no idea how to use that... and have had way too much beer to figure it out right now lol!

http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/

Hi dilli! May I call you dilli? HFM is my application - home baked right here on OCF. I'll be happy to help you get it setup.

Here's a good YouTube vid on how-to get Samba sharing working. I could go through it all... but this guy does an excellent job.

You'll just follow his directions, only the folder you want to share is the folder where the Folding client is installed, not "screen shots" as the video describes.

Then it's a matter of just pointing HFM to the folder you shared. On your windows box, start HFM -> Clients Menu -> Add Client -> Give it a Name -> Processor MHz of the client being monitored -> Log Folder -> Click the "..." button -> navigate to the Folding directory you shared -> OK -> OK. The Client will be added... if you see a Yellow or Green Status color, you're in business.

If you have trouble, post back and we'll debug from there. :)

Thanks for all the help! im going to start working on this when me and the girlfriend get back from xmas shopping today...
On a side note my OC isnt 100% stable I found out last night...Guess im gonna have to up my NB a little and see how it runs today. my OC passed 24 hours of prime, but i guess folding is harder on the box then that...

http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/

Hi dilli! May I call you dilli? HFM is my application - home baked right here on OCF. I'll be happy to help you get it setup.

Here's a good YouTube vid on how-to get Samba sharing working. I could go through it all... but this guy does an excellent job.

You'll just follow his directions, only the folder you want to share is the folder where the Folding client is installed, not "screen shots" as the video describes.

Then it's a matter of just pointing HFM to the folder you shared. On your windows box, start HFM -> Clients Menu -> Add Client -> Give it a Name -> Processor MHz of the client being monitored -> Log Folder -> Click the "..." button -> navigate to the Folding directory you shared -> OK -> OK. The Client will be added... if you see a Yellow or Green Status color, you're in business.

If you have trouble, post back and we'll debug from there. :)

Thanks got it working...Thats pretty cool the shareing thing on ubuntu, really helps me out a lot.

Back