• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got to 1.955GHz w/ my XP1600+!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

And all it took was to replace my old HSF w/ a Thermalright sk-7 w/ a Delta 80cfm fan and room temps of 15c.

Have my cpu temp at 20c right now. And I never thought I'd ever hit 1.9GHz a few months ago. My cpu temp back then was at 34c on full load and could not get past 1.88GHz.

So for all of you overclockers out there, if you're looking to squeeze a few more MHz out of your cpu, make sure you've got very good cooling. There's still hope.:) :)

OP
maxima88

maxima88

The only drawback to having my room temp at 15c is that I might have to put on my winter coat in a few minutes. LOL

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
oh you can get it..i know it..just boost it to 2 vcore..lol..it really sucks that i can do 1.93 ghz at 1.8 vcore..but it takes 2 vcore to do 2 ghz...that really stinks

OP
maxima88

maxima88

funkdamonkman said:
cool!

just 45 mhz to go... do ya think u can get it?

Maybe when it's snowing and the temp outside is below freezing.

My room temp keeps dropping, it's down to 13c and I've been able to get up to 1963MHz. My fingers are getting numb from the cold air. They kinda hurt already. LOL!!!

Last edited:

Ishakir

maxima88 said:

Maybe when it's snowing and the temp outside is below freezing.

My room temp keeps dropping, it's down to 13c and I've been able to get up to 1963MHz. My fingers are getting numb from the cold air. They kinda hurt already. LOL!!!

Heh - now that's an overclocker

rofl...:beer:

OP
maxima88

maxima88

OC Detective said:

Er and the electricity bills! Especially in Summer!

LOL. Imagine how much my power bill would be in the summer if I kept my temp at 15c. Only able to get my room temp to 15c because it's cold outside and I keep the windows to my study room open. My room temp in the summer w/ the a/c on is around 20c.

My wife would kill me if I tried to get my room temp to 15c using the central a/c of my house.:D :D

OC Detective

maxima88 said:

LOL. Imagine how much my power bill would be in the summer if I kept my temp at 15c. Only able to get my room temp to 15c because it's cold outside and I keep the windows to my study room open. My room temp in the summer w/ the a/c on is around 20c.

My wife would kill me if I tried to get my room temp to 15c using the central a/c of my house.:D :D
You are lucky - temps here are constantly around 32c all year round! I definitely think it limits my ability to oc higher - I could have the air con on all the time but cant justify it to myself if nobody is in the computer room!

eggward

Registered
congrats man! i think ur wife wouldnt mind a temperature below 15c just to reach 2 GHZ, provided you keep her nice and warm. how bout watching prime 95 together over a cup of coffee? that would be nice :) :)

OP
maxima88

maxima88

eggward said:
congrats man! i think ur wife wouldnt mind a temperature below 15c just to reach 2 GHZ, provided you keep her nice and warm. how bout watching prime 95 together over a cup of coffee? that would be nice :) :)

Maraming salamat eggward.
It's only my study room that's at 15c, rest of the house is a nice and toasty 23c (72f).

eggward

Registered
kabayan!

filipino ka din pala maxima :) anyway, inggit ako sayo u can reach 1.9 on ur 1600+. pre, u from delaware? lamig naman temp dyan sa states no? ang init dito sa pinas. kaya hirap mag oc. :(

OP
maxima88

maxima88

Tragic, it is louder than a delta 38 but w/ once I slow the fan down from 5400 to 5000rpm, there's the whine goes away and all I hear is just air, so it's a lot bearable.

Eggward, temps here at night drop down to 40f so it's very conducive to overclockig since all I need to do is open the windows in my study room to cool down the room. Last time I was in Manila was in '98, just for a couple of weeks.

FunkDaMonkMan

eggward said:
kabayan!

filipino ka din pala maxima :) anyway, inggit ako sayo u can reach 1.9 on ur 1600+. pre, u from delaware? lamig naman temp dyan sa states no? ang init dito sa pinas. kaya hirap mag oc. :(

:eh?:

I know a little spanish... but that's not helping me here...

OP
maxima88

maxima88

funkdamonkman said:

:eh?:

I know a little spanish... but that's not helping me here...

That's because it's Filipino, not Spanish. Although there are many Spanish words in the Filipino language.