• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FINALLY! Nvidia launches the 3-series!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yojo

You should probably rename the thread title to something like "Fudzilla reports Nvidia launching G310".

The article, if true, says the G310 is merely a 210 rebranded. This isn't the new fermi-based GPU that most of the community is waiting for; rather a low end card using an already existing GPU...

dribblesnort

Take a look at the GT210 page. Then, in a windows next to it, open up the GT310 page.

the only difference is a larger picture of the same exact card...oh...and someone went through and did a search & Replace to replace "GT210" with "GT310", lol.

Bobnova

lol, not even Fud can be positive about the launch, he/they is/are disgusted too.

Isn't the g210 just a die shrunk 9400 or something?

Yojo

Take a look at the GT210 page. Then, in a windows next to it, open up the GT310 page.

the only difference is a larger picture of the same exact card...oh...and someone went through and did a search & Replace to replace "GT210" with "GT310", lol.

Yeah, the article doesn't really seem credible, especially given Fudzilla seems to be the only people reporting this...

Theocnoob

GeForce_310_DDR2_3qtr_low.png

This can't possibly be for real.
If Nvidia actually did this, and this is truly the first 3 series card, I am officially boycotting any further interaction of any kind between myself and Nvidia. ATi time.

MonkeyMhz

GeForce_310_DDR2_3qtr_low.png

This can't possibly be for real.
If Nvidia actually did this, and this is truly the first 3 series card, I am officially boycotting any further interaction of any kind between myself and Nvidia. ATi time.

What are you talking about that G310 is so efficent thats all the fan and capacitors it needs. It gets a solid 25FPS in Unreal II, how could you complain!?

LOL JK. Nice joke thread. If the 300 series actually end up being a full rebrand I will never buy Geforce desktop parts again.

jobrien2001

Looks like its true the 310 is a 220

Saw this pictured on the web.

nvidiarename400x400cust.jpg

Bobnova

What are you talking about that G310 is so efficent thats all the fan and capacitors it needs. It gets a solid 25FPS in Unreal II, how could you complain!?

LOL JK. Nice joke thread. If the 300 series actually end up being a full rebrand I will never buy Geforce desktop parts again.

Nah the top few cards will actually be new, the rest will probably be more of the same.
I'm curious what number they'll assign the good old 8800gts.

Bobnova

Heh, this seems to be that sort of occasion. It has ratbuddy making nvidia jokes and Fud being negative about nvidia.

I'm keeping an eye out for flying pigs, and wondering if ATI is going to announce something terrible just to join the party.