• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

finaly close to that 1.4ghz :P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-zealot-

Registered
hi there :p
it's been a long time since i posted, but i had to work hard @ school :] so for now, i got my 1.2 ghz thx AXIA xxxxxxxx?? [ any good?] to 1.391 mhz grrrr, 12*116 stable @ 45°/seti, but at 118mhz system will boot, but after some mins crasch :( any1 knows why? please gimme some tips, thanx in advance :p

ps: lapped my hsf and used some artic silver II, man that stuff really r0Xx :p ... cya!

Bobby_Mac

welll

Well in your sig it says default voltage.....so try up the voltage a little and see if it runs stable and maybe try for more and watch your temps
Dunno much about that stepping AXIA may have info on that stepping

OP
Z

-zealot-

Registered
:p thanx 4 your reply...but

.. i can't change any voltages on my crappy board :( and it won't simply crash, system boots up into xp, runs fine for maybe 3 mins then i get a blue screen. northbridge has a hs, but not a fan and the southbridge doesn't have either...so, do i have to get a new mobo+ram to push the cpu higher?

fade2black

Could be lots of things. I have an AXIA 1.2 also and I hit 1427 easily, but I upped my voltage. Without that is was unstable and I had random lockups. The AXIA 1.2 are the best ones to overclock. I've had mine up to 1500 and it loaded Windows, but that's it. I've got better cooling now, so I'm sure I could go higher. You should be able to get close to 150MHz FSB with that chip, so something else is limiting you. Possibly the MB since you can't adjust the voltage. But don't forget, you are at a 16% overclock right now. :)

- Fade

OP
Z

-zealot-

Registered
w00t, n1 to hear that AXIA is a good stepping :p

yeah, thanx , what do you think, would it be a "waste" to run that 1.2thb @ a shuttle 35xxx or an epox 8kha+ thingie + 256micron/kingmax ddr-ram? well, i mean, if i spend ~250€, why not 100 more and get a xp 1.6+ or so...like you said, i think my fu***ng mobo is holding me back, so a new one would be n1.
we'll see, pls just reply :p

Wega!

fade2black said:
The AXIA 1.2 are the best ones to overclock.

Sorry, but that's not right. The AYHJAR Y stepping is the best T-Bird stepping. Some people has got their T-Birdt over 1.8GHz with those. I'm not saying the AXIA is a bad stepping, I'm just saying that it's not the best. I've got a AXIA 9 myself and I'm very happy with it.

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
Doc's running his at 1.8 and hopefully I too will be shortly. Waiting on the pelt to push it as far as I can.

Revx

I had a 1.2ghz AXIA a while back, recently i swapped it for a 1.4ghz ayhja cored tbird in a computer order i was filling, am i bad? :D anyways, the highest i got it to(with ASII and an mcx462) was 1.5ghz which wasnt too bad.

OP
Z

-zealot-

Registered
n1 replies guys, thanks.
the only "flaw" is that yesterday i took off the hsf, cleaned the die, put AS II on it and remounted the hsf. So i could've done the pencil trick back then :mad: arrr, how stupid i am :p well, maybe today :]

ps: what in fact does this l7 pencil trick do? sry but i'm not that experienced :p

Last edited:

The Coolest

It could be ur FSB at 116Mhz ur PCI speed is almost 39MHz, and AGP if my calc is right is almost 78Mhz, maybe one of ur cards can't keep up?

EDIT: L7 will up ur default Vcore to 1.85, if all of the bridges are conned.

OP
Z

-zealot-

Registered
hiho

reeee, but coolest, you misunderstood me. @116mhz fsb everythings fine, but if i change to 118 in windows, the pc will run fine for several mins and then crash... sure, it could be the fact that pci is close to 40mhz, in adition i only have a no.name 300watt PSU / another option for these chrashes? or do i have to blame my passive cooled northbridge?

-out-