• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Find out the Max Case Temperature and Max Power draw of your CPU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
avalanche83 said:
Damn is my 2800 old? That software doesn't support my cpu.
The first CPUs where this was implemented are Rev D chips, but their value is constant, so its of no interest to us.

BTW, I updated the proggy, and now it also shows CPU Speed and FSBxMultiplier. Use the same link to download it.

this is information i got

Attachments

• A64 Max Temp.PNG
    A64 Max Temp.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 991
CPU Information (CPU #1):
Standard CPUID: Family: F, Model: F, Stepping: 0
Extended CPUID: Family: F, Model: 2F, Stepping: 0
CPUID String: 20FF0
Processor APIC: 0
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice)
CPU Speed: 2698.66 ( x 317.5)
Revision: DH8-E3
Platform: Socket 939
Startup VCore: 1.400v
Maximum Case Temperature = 57C

MaxTCase 57C
2.5@ stock v
2.6@ 1.525v
2.7@ 1.62v

CPUID:20F71
APCID:0
Revision:SH8-E4
Processor:AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (San Diego)
Speed:2497.23 (227.02 x 11.0)
Platform:Socket 939
MaxTCase:57C
VCore:1.400v

Last edited:
heres a wild guess...

I think that the MaxTcase temp value represents the highest ambient temp they think the cpu should be able to handle with a regular stock heatsink at stock speeds and voltages. An example of this would be if I built a tank and installed all kinds of GPS navigation equipment inside it and decided to use AMD 64 processors. In the hottest of deserts under most heavy running conditions the compartment where the cpu will be running under reached at maximum 57C while the testing cpu's were in operation. Because of this you would contact AMD and try to make sure that all the cpu's your getting have a maxTcase temp above 57C. That's not the best example but I suppose that it is what those numbers are trying to represent.

Obviously cpu's usually overclock pretty good because AMD wants the processors to be reliable under many conditions, even conditions where the cpu itself is running inside a hot area, so when we overclockers control the conditions we are able to squeeze out more performance. Its really interesting to see these values which probably reflect the results of some kind of test each cpu or samples of each batch are subjected to.

Standard CPUID: Family: F, Model: F, Stepping: 2
Extended CPUID: Family: F, Model: 2F, Stepping: 2
CPUID String: 20FF2
CPU Speed: 1808.33 ( x 200.9)
Revision: DH8-E6
Maximum Case Temperature = 53C

Written by: Arthur Liberman.
Contact me at: [email protected]

CPU Speed: 2321.94 ( x 258.0)
Maximum Case Temperature = 55C

I don't have an absolute max on this chip yet, but it's YBBLE 0524 from ewiz a few weeks back. I primed it for ~7hrs at 1.614 9x280 and could only get about 20 minutes small fft prime with 1.614v 9x290. This chip isn't that great. Seems 55C rated chips don't do so well.

Standard CPUID: Family: F, Model: F, Stepping: 2
Extended CPUID: Family: F, Model: 2F, Stepping: 2
CPUID String: 20FF2
CPU Speed: 2700.68 (300.08 x 9.0)
Revision: DH8-E6

Kinda funny, my stock startup vcore is 1.36 :D

CPU Speed: 1935.13 (215.01 x 9.0)
Maximum Case Temperature = 57C

Edit:
brakezone said:
heres a wild guess...

I think that the MaxTcase temp value represents the highest ambient temp they think the cpu should be able to handle with a regular stock heatsink at stock speeds and voltages. An example of this would be if I built a tank and installed all kinds of GPS navigation equipment inside it and decided to use AMD 64 processors. In the hottest of deserts under most heavy running conditions the compartment where the cpu will be running under reached at maximum 57C while the testing cpu's were in operation. Because of this you would contact AMD and try to make sure that all the cpu's your getting have a maxTcase temp above 57C. That's not the best example but I suppose that it is what those numbers are trying to represent.

Obviously cpu's usually overclock pretty good because AMD wants the processors to be reliable under many conditions, even conditions where the cpu itself is running inside a hot area, so when we overclockers control the conditions we are able to squeeze out more performance. Its really interesting to see these values which probably reflect the results of some kind of test each cpu or samples of each batch are subjected to.
^Great theory!

MaxCaseTemp.jpg

3000 Venice LBBLE 0517 BPEW

It seems to me this would be a test of the core/thermal compound/heat spreader assembly, all these are different from CPU to CPU and thus a different max CaseT. i.e AMD tests the CPU after it completely assembled and decides based on the rate of heat transfer across that junction what ambient air with stock cooling is acceptable. So it looks like this is good info, too bad you need it already in your hand to find out. If it is a test of the themal junction it would be interesting to see if the people with lower MaxT's have higher then avg CoreT with whatever cooling they are using(I know this is almost impossible to gauge with the variety of cooling devices and compounds because you would need identical coolin). My CPU for example runs a bit hotter then avg for my type of cooling.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Venice)
CPU Speed: 2500.00 (250.00 x 10.0)

Last edited:
Here is an updated SS for me. This is only at 2.9ghz cuz I am testing some new G.skill 4400 LE's right now.. :p

Attachments

• MaxHeat.jpg
    MaxHeat.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 856
njkid32 said:
Here is an updated SS for me. This is only at 2.9ghz cuz I am testing some new G.skill 4400 LE's right now.. :p
wait...are you seriously getting almost 3GHz on just 1.3vcore?!?!

[EDIT] oh, right, that just shows defaults. Still, very nice OC! [/EDIT]

LoneWolf121188 said:
wait...are you seriously getting almost 3GHz on just 1.3vcore?!?!

[EDIT] oh, right, that just shows defaults. Still, very nice OC! [/EDIT]

No, I wish though. This program only shows default vcore. I am running 1.6v at 2.9ghz adn 2.95ghz.

edit: thanx LoneWolf121188!

Standard CPUID: Family: F, Model: 3, Stepping: 2
Extended CPUID: Family: F, Model: 23, Stepping: 2
CPUID String: 20F32
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (Toledo)
CPU Speed: 2684.82 (244.07 x 11.0)
Revision: JH9-E6
Startup VCore: 1.300v

note that its not 100% stable and that my vcore is 1.5 or so.

windwithme said:
X2 3800+ E6

3800a647sm.png
That's 67C :drool: @ 1.3v stock, for those who're too lazy to click.
This is the highest rated temp I've seen so far on any rev E chip!!!

Attachments

• 3800a647sm.png
    3800a647sm.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 829
Last edited:
Ok I posted a new compilation of stats from both this thread and the one in XS

*Place Holder for My 4400+*

2.71 Ghz (Dual Prime Stable so far....)
Will Edit with final results later.

Back