• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finding out temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgm6780

Registered
I have a program I can check out if I go into setup on bootup, that tells me CPU temp, system temp, and fan speed. How hard would is it to get something setup to check vid card temps? It requre a lot of finagling around in the case? How good of indicator is system temp of how hot my vid card is?

nm found it, think I am going to give it a try and just put it on/near my video card. Whats a normal CPU temp and video card temp? (not in Celceus (sp?))

D

dgm6780 said:
nm found it, think I am going to give it a try and just put it on/near my video card. Whats a normal CPU temp and video card temp? (not in Celceus (sp?))

D

That would depend on your cpu and video card... for me... I try to keep ALL temps under 40*C (104 F) or lower... now that I'm on an AMD system thats quite a feat. With video cards I've heard that 50*C (120 F) is where artifacts start to show.

*EDIT*
Sorry I didn't say this earlier...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :D

Uhm ya Motherboard Monitor 5.0 rarely had my stock settings AMD T-Bird 1Ghz under 104. Whats dangerously high? I am often in the 100-114 range. Stock fan as well.

For a tbird... thats not too bad. My XP1600+ idles around 39*C... full load is 44*C. Might want to see if you can move things in your case to maximize airflow... cooler the better.

I got the same thing at newegg.com, but it's made by enermax and comes in a 5 1/4 casing that you can put in a drive bay and has two temperature monitors, exactly the same as the compunurse. Also, they are removable from the 5 1/4 casing if you want to take them out.

Check Newegg.

It's called the Enermax Temperature Monitors. 2 LED display. 5.25" bay cooling device. Plastic frame design. Expandable to equip 2 80MM cooling fans. Fan not includede. Please see images. Model#: UC-001TM2 Special FedEx Saver Shipping $6.00
- Product Link -See It! (image count 2 ) -Price Alert (N82E16811999005)
Save $7 when you buy this item with Antec Original 300W ATX12V Power Supply - Retail(avg rating out of 3 voters)
$16.00

I've got a Digidoc and my card O/C (see below) gets up to about 42 -43C running the Quake torture loop. That's with stock cooling but with AS3. One of these years I'll get my Cooljag installed and see how much better it runs!

Fade

Back