• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finicky 2GB Thumb Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
I've got this really fancy 2GB lexar thumb drive. Only XP seems to be able to read it. My PS2 can't see it... figured it was just old... my PS3 can't read it... and even when I plug it in XP it says "This Device Can perform faster... Plug it into a USB 2.0 port..." ALL my ports are USB 2.0

I don't know what the hell I should do with the thing. It's gotten a bit silly now. I'm not even sure Vista can read it. Should I format it again? If so... what should I format it too? I'm sure there's some dos-based or freeware format utility that could format it to whatever I want... I just need to know what it should be.

format with FAT or FAT32 within windows disk management and dont do a quick format.

but really it sounds like a bad drive... might want to look into RMA'ing it

format with FAT or FAT32 within windows disk management and dont do a quick format.

but really it sounds like a bad drive... might want to look into RMA'ing it

Hmm... That's weird... but it works fine in xp.

Back