• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished first project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cerial_Killer

Registered
I got home today and check my protein and it finally says 100/100 and at the bottom it says "attempting to get work packet" i dont know if its stuck or what. Or how long its been doing this. Im on a cable connection, will it update itself? Or do i need to do something.:confused:

Tweaked!

Xtreme refugee
You should be ok, but just to verify, go into [email protected] options and make sure you didn't check the proxy stuff. Cable connections are constant, so you won't need the proxy. Just a thought to make sure it's setup properly:cool:

OP
C

Cerial_Killer

Registered
I dunno this thing has been finished for about 6 hours now. and still trying to get work packet. Im loosing valuble time.;) I sure hope i dont get ripped out of my protein project.:(

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
getting more WU's

Shutdown and reboot. See if that helps...

Welcome ot the team. Fold on!

Kendan

Senior Punk
Which version are you using if it is the graphic then right click on the tray icon and quit then restart if you are on the console client then ctrl c to quit then restart. see what it says when you restart and report back.

OP
C

Cerial_Killer

Registered
Well when I first posted I think it was around 3:00 ish but i belive it finished the project earlier in the day while i was away. It is now 11:19 and I did a resart several of them for a matter of fact. At ( btw im useing the graphic one ) the bottom is says "Attempting to send results" then after a while it will go to a screen that says "attempting to get work packet" which is where it is at now. Now I got my bro doing this also. ans he says he has already got him one and its a 56/100. why hasnt mine updated and moved to the next project. Think i may have to uninstall it then re set up everything. I would hate too since that one took so long, But it was the first so not much losted. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Kendan

Senior Punk
OK right click on the tray icon and click on Configure. What does it say under proxy settings. I have mine set to on and I am using IEs settings. I am behind a linksys router. On some of my other rigs I have it set to off. so try both. All you have to do is right click on the tray icon and Quit then restart and it will try to connect again. Good luck.

OP
C

Cerial_Killer

Registered
ok i click the button that says use a proxy sever, and left the box check that says use internet explorer settings. The weird part is , is that it downloaded the project and everything fine when i first installed it. I wouldnt think i need to change settings now. But ya never know.:confused:

David

Forums Super Moderator
Cerial_Killer said:
ok i click the button that says use a proxy sever, and left the box check that says use internet explorer settings. The weird part is , is that it downloaded the project and everything fine when i first installed it. I wouldnt think i need to change settings now. But ya never know.:confused:

Try unclicking 'use proxy server' - does it work now? Give it 5-10mins.

OP
C

Cerial_Killer

Registered
Ok i let it run all night and nothing, i restarted and again about 10mins ago its 4:17 central time. And this time its set like it is when i first started nothing checked at the bottom im not using a proxy or anything. And this is what is in the log file.

# Windows Graphical Edition ###################################################
###############################################################################

[email protected] Client Version 2.19

http://foldingathome.stanford.edu
email:[email protected]

Benchmarking ...
- Ask before connecting: No
- ID = CD0C63C4E4F0CA3

Loaded queue successfully.
Initialization complete

+ Attempting to send results
- Connecting to server (171.64.122.113)
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 01. Keeping unit in queue.
+ Attempting to get work packet
- Connecting to assignment server
- Error: Getwork #1 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry
- Error: Getwork #2 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry
- Error: Getwork #3 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry
- Error: Getwork #4 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry
- Error: Getwork #5 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry
- Error: Getwork #6 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry
- Error: Getwork #7 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry

I dunno what to do now except uninstall and try a reinstall. Any ideas before I do so?:(

David

Forums Super Moderator
I would give it another day. Let it run for another 12 hours or so and then reinstall. Its hard to tell if its you or Stanford that have the problems.

Ploaf

It looks like it's not even getting out. You can try the command line console version. Run it with the -local command from another directory. If it gets out to get work then it's possible that there is somehting wrong with your config.
Posting the contents of the config file and any security, connection type, etc information may help too.

OP
C

Cerial_Killer

Registered
If your talking about the client .cfg file here it is.
[settings]
username=Cerial_killer
team=32
asknet=no
userid=CD0C63C4E4F0CA3

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=yes

As far as conn. I have Cable.
I use a firewall but its set to allow it. Plus I have tried it with it on and off same thing each time. ITs been like this for 2 whole days and 1 night so far. I hate to waste any more time waiting for something to happen.

And Thanks everyone for the help, I appreciate it.:)