• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished my Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Ok I actually finished the case about 2 months ago but I havn't had a digital camera handy yet.
Case1.JPG

and
Case2.JPG

kinda wacky I don't know how to use a digital camera I guess.
Case3.JPG

Here is my home made Mosfett heatsink. I also have active cooling on the Nb and Sb.
Case4.JPG

Heres the orignal case:
directron_1758_64635920.jpg

What I wanted to do was the mirror finish in the sticky but I never quite got it. I don't think that blue is the best color for mirrioring but perhaps not. There were also some sand dune wavey like problems besides by best efforts. I can say now that sleeving is pretty much the most time consuming mods. close to 4 hours I think....I used a small sqrew driver so things were exactly speedy. I did have to take out the rivits on the top but my dad had a riveter so no problems.

I also put the vga silencer and some home made ram sinks on my 9800pro.

I think that I should have used a different color paint for the mirroring or got better skills. But I do like the blue white look for a 'chilly' look.

I also think that I should have gotten different color sleves or atleast made on thing a different color. Its a little blue overload.

Last edited:

alpha_gamer

It looks great but you should paint your drive covers and grill. In my opinion they don't match that well.

Nightingale

Yeah I would paint all the white parts a gloss white. I painted everything on my case to match especially with a black case cause biege just looks nasty.

Chris

Looks like a pretty good job I like the color, the third picture looks odd but in a good sort of way, like it was ment to be artistic, you may need to play with the flash on the camera.

dalilman52

love that light blue and white combo, white goes well with almost anything :D

but yeah, paint the drive plates, and do u wanna consider adding lighting so the window stands out more?

Robrules18

I love the round window, simple yet original, i also like the light blue but yes you should paint the drive plates maybe a dull silver would be nice or a glossy white like Nightingale said.

alpha_gamer

I just thought of something else. You could stealth your drives. There was a guide to it on the overclockers.com main site recently, you should check it out.

dalilman52

after looking at the pics, i realized that u have a 120mm aluminum fan for exhaust, im guessing the evercool fan? very nice :D i love that fan, but u may wanna cut out the grill, it looks uber-restrictive, and maybe replace it w/ a 120mm chrome wire grill...that thing looks like...someone drilled 1/20' holes in it

OP
Big_Baller

Big_Baller

Uhh thats the way the case comes. But thats sound advice. I think it will do that soon. I will also put a voltmodded intake (with the cpu and video card not making much heat in the case airflow won't be needed as much anymore.) and the fan i have in on intake is a cheepy and its kinda loud.
Someone said that I should put cathiod lights to show off the window. I have 2 blue ones. the flash just made it look white:
Case6.JPG

and I had initially thought to paint the drive plates glossy white or just put a gloss coat over my flat white that I had on hand. Who thinks I should just paint the drive plates gloss white or who thinks that i should just add a gloss coat to them? ;) thx for the feedback guys....

suicidalmole

I think you should stealth the drives behind glossy white drive covers....

btw your CPU and Video card still put out just as much heat so you still need the airflow the heat is just pulled away from the actual cpu/video card more efficiently, therefore you may actually want MORE airflow because the air within the case is holding more of the heat being displaced from the components.

-mole

dalilman52

suicidalmole said:
I think you should stealth the drives behind glossy white drive covers....

btw your CPU and Video card still put out just as much heat so you still need the airflow the heat is just pulled away from the actual cpu/video card more efficiently, therefore you may actually want MORE airflow because the air within the case is holding more of the heat being displaced from the components.

-mole

he has a water cooled setup so he doesnt need as much airflow

wpmegee

Big_Baller said:
Well ya, you see my water cooling takes care of the cpu mostly and my video card exhausts its own hot air outside of the case. See it here http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/ And ya I was interested in the drive stelthing when I saw it on the front page.
Amen on the VGA Silencer. Was stuck at 330mhz core on my 9700, silencer got me up to 363 :attn: . Gained 2000 3dmarks. Can't even hear it either, but then I've got 6 fans. Beautiful paint job-leave the drives white. Why didn't you go for a bigger window? I would've put an 11 x 11 square window in it, but you didn't have to mess with the molding. Very nice job.:thup:

everclock

Nice mod, if you like it, dont gloss it over, i think it looks good the way it is. About the stealth drives, Maybe put one stealth drive, but to me, the more optical drives you have the sexier the computer looks. I used to have a slot cdrom that wasnt even connected! It just looked cool. Would you be able to do a stealth floppy? haha.....