• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished WU's are disappearing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burning Phoenix

I watch my stats regularly and i usually put out on an average of 41-42 wu's a day with the systems listed in my sig + a borged 2.4a of my brothers. The last 2 days my stats show i've only out out 38-39 a day. First let me say it wasnt my brothers computer that might have stopped SETI because it wouldn't matter. 2 days ago i added a 1.6ghz @1920mhz which produces the same as his. So if anything i should have the same results per day or 6-7 more than usual. It's been bugging me so i checked my SETI_watch completed wu's and it shows in the last 24 hours the following:
1600mhz put out 7
2000Xp put out 6
2.4c @ 2880 put out 15

Ok so far thats 28 which leaves 10-11 for my last system

It's a 3.0c @ 3300 which out put 10 wu's ? Yeh OK!

Here's a pic of the stats for that system. Look at the time completed for the last wu (18:31:28) and subtract the cpu time (3:31:47). I think it should show that a wu was completed at 15:00 and some odd hours/minutes. Right? The other stats for the other systems check out alright. I'm guessing i'm losing about 6wu's a day on this computer. I wonder why? It's the system i use constantly but that shouldnt matter because look at the other pic for the average time it takes to finish 2 wu's.

setiwatch01.jpg

setiwatch02.jpg

Burning Phoenix - Maybe they are just tired from the battle with me?:santa:

haha, I am going away on Mon. and my machines have never ran for more than 4 days when I have been away so expect for me to fall behind ya ;)

Sorry I was helping myself to the work unit buffet :D Seriously though, are you saying that you know you completed X wu's but didn't receive credit for them, or are you saying that you think you should have done X wu's and didn't?

I noticed the same thing a few days ago and then looked at seti log. I had several WU's from 03Aug03 that the times were in the 5-6 hour range instead of the ususal 2-3 hour range that I usually have on my main rig. Am using SETIDriver on all systems and unfortunately several of them had the WU's from that date. Could be Wu's with extra noise or something????????????

I avg. a work order every 3 - 3.5 hours, however I have logs of wu's taking 10.75 hours to complete and it's the exact same system @ same speed. If I look through my logged 40 I also have two 5.5 hour work orders and the rest are all around 3.25 hours. I guess some wu's just take longer...alot longer :rolleyes: .

Psyko

I dont think the results are being uploaded but simply finishing then who knows.
I found another discrepancy when comparing the dates of each seti wu folder to the date logged data in setiwatch.
setiwatch03.jpg

It seems that windows explorer show 2 folder that were modified at sometime supposily when a new wu is downloaded but how come the SETIwatch does not show it which gets its data from setilog file created by setidriver?

Maybe i have a corrupt client or setidriver?

Ok i think it's back to normal. I deleted the entire SETI folder friday night and reinstalled. In the last 24 hours it returned 15 wu's. By the way i dont know if it matters but i'm only using 1 stick of Corsair DDR400 @ 1:1 and 220fsb. I had to return the GEIL DDR for this system a few weeks back as when i posted a problem with this system while trying to install winXP. Fedex shows that Monday i should another pair od Corsair DDR400 here from Newegg.com. I'm assuming i may be behind a wu or two due to the single DDR in this system. Maybe?

I ran single channel for a while on a P4P800 and 2.4C. When I upgraded it added a 1-2 wu's per day.

Back