• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox Issue - Most Websites Are Not Secure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I've been using FF for a long time now and I have the latest version 53.0.3 (32 bit) installed I am using Ad-block Plus and Ad-block Plus Pop-up Add-on along with Spyware Blaster, Spy bot 1.6.2 & Avast Free Edition recently I am getting a lot of issues with web pages not being secure in fact I had a major issue with this site last week saying it had a major security issue and FF wouldn't let me pass it only go back to google. Something to do with an unsecured certificate I couldn't access this site for a week at all I am not sure what the issue is I am also getting issues when I want to post a reply or a thread, I get a white background when I want to type and it won't let me I've had to go change my settings under GENERAL and move it to the enhanced interface as even the standard one won't work not the extra formatting tools version, I am baffled as to know why even YouTube shows the unlocked padlock I am wondering if I should reinstall FF completely see if that would fix it.

PS: I've just posted the above and then it showed odd looking words like ad^&£%%£@~ but going in to edit everything is fine until I save it goes to normal.

Try refreshing Firefox and using uBlock Original instead of ABP and the pop up blocker, if Avast has a 'secure' add on, don't install it, it actually makes you less secure (intercepts your https connections so your browser has no way of 'knowing' if the connection to the real server is secure or not).

Try refreshing Firefox and using uBlock Original instead of ABP and the pop up blocker, if Avast has a 'secure' add on, don't install it, it actually makes you less secure (intercepts your https connections so your browser has no way of 'knowing' if the connection to the real server is secure or not).

After looking into Avast and going into modify there's a feature called Web Shield it that what you are talking about ???? I've installed uBlock origins and removed the old Adblock plus and pop-up blocker

After looking into Avast and going into modify there's a feature called Web Shield it that what you are talking about ???? I've installed uBlock origins and removed the old Adblock plus and pop-up blocker

Yeah unfortunetly it won't let me sync it now says I don't have permission so I did the w32tm /register and it allowed me to bring up the sync options but it won't sync as the service is not started, I then went to manually start it and it's giving me an ERROR 1920 shown below I've never come across that. How do I fix it??

Attachments

• Service Error.jpg
    Service Error.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 20
No idea or experience with that - but the lack of a Time Service might be the cause of the Firefox issues.

Back