• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augerpro

Hey all. I'm using the current version of FF with ABP and Noscript installed. Even with all the permissions allowed in Noscript, there are certain links/tabs on teh Scottrade site that are dead for me. When I mouse over them they are Java controls. I have the Java Platform plugin, and the Allow Java boxes checked, but they still don't work for me. I also use Zonealarm Pro firewall. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
A

augerpro

Ok so it appears ADP is blocking the javascripts. Anyone now how to set a permission/exception for this?

conway

Right click the ABP icon on the top right of your browser and choose "disable on scottrade.com" or whatever the site is. I would first blame Noscript though as ABP only blocks content and hides elements.

OP
A

augerpro

I figured it was Noscript too, but as soon as I turned off ABP the site worked fine. Another weird deal, I can't right click or get the drop down to work on the ABP icon, can only go to manage addons to control it. And from there I don't see a way to allow the current site. Might be my persona has a bug keeping me from using the icon on the toolbar. I'll check when I get home.

conway

I figured it was Noscript too, but as soon as I turned off ABP the site worked fine. Another weird deal, I can't right click or get the drop down to work on the ABP icon, can only go to manage addons to control it. And from there I don't see a way to allow the current site. Might be my persona has a bug keeping me from using the icon on the toolbar. I'll check when I get home.

Maybe so, I don't use personas and it seems to work fine.

OP
A

augerpro

Ended up the Zonealarm toolbar was interfering with the ABP. Was going to Comodo anyway so no big loss turning the toolbar off.

Last edited: