• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

firefox V explorer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

codax

Registered
Ive heard so many of you how much better firefox is but when i tried 0.9
it was slower than explorer i tried a few site most noticable was www.overclockers.co.uk just for testing i deleted all temp internet files and loaded the page on each browser and the pictuers took longer to load on firefox where as explore was almost instant
whys this?
i have a 1mb connection

Turd Furguson

Firefox is still in BETA form. There are a few kinks to still be worked out but if you would take a little time to read our Firefox Tweak thread you may be able to optimize it for more speed.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Firefox isn't noticably faster or slower than IE for me, I just like it cos of tabbed browsing :) Cant live without it now! :D

OP
C

codax

Registered
tried the tweaks but coudnt find pipelining option still finding eplorer faster ?

Last edited:

Calculusaurus

nocturnal714 said:
i also like the fact that their are no popups and its not a haven for hackers like ie is. :rolleyes:

Agreed. This is reason enough to use firefox, slow speed or no.

However, Firefox is just as fast as IE for me, so FF > IE all the way :thup:

nocturnal714

The Lost Soul
Calculusaurus said:
Agreed. This is reason enough to use firefox, slow speed or no.

However, Firefox is just as fast as IE for me, so FF > IE all the way :thup:

right on brotha! :attn:

Drec

FF p\/\/nz j00... :clap:

but in all seriousness i notice no speed diffrences between the two.

nocturnal714

The Lost Soul
neither do i and it has much better features such as the tabbed windows like someone else said here. it makes life so much easier

snafumaster

Software Jedi
Leviathan41 said:
I notice the difference in speed. Have you guys done this? ---> http://www.computerbb.org/about150.html

Firefox is better than IE in every way, IMO. I thought it was funny that Firefox issued the fix the same day the security problem was found, yet Microsoft takes their sweet time to patch things.
Wow, I had my reservations as to whether I'd notice a difference...Oh My
:thup: :clap:
Thank you!