• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firmware Update: AOC-SASLP-MV8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raykholo

Registered
I put my computer together this past Saturday and it works (happy), but the RAID Card I am using, the Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 is exhibiting a known issue of causing a bluescreen every time a 3tb+ drive is hooked up to it.

Their tech support and a multitude of articles on the internet have not been of help to me, here is what I am trying to do:

Apparently, in order to upgrade the firmware of the chip on the card to the new version which "supposedly does" support 3tb+ drives, I'm supposed to boot into a DOS environment and run a command which will execute a batch file from the unzipped firmware files I put on the flash drive I am booting from.

These are the given instructions.

1. Boot the system to DOS.
2. Flash the BIOS using the mvf.exe file with the following command at the DOS
prompt (where *** represents the name of the bin file used):
a:\>mvf ***.bin
This automatically flashes the BIOS.
3. When the flashing is completed, reboot the system.
The new firmware is now flashed to your system’s BIOS.

-------------

This is the guide I used to create the bootable flash, and then I copy the Supermicro firmware files found on this page by clicking on "hdsentinel" to the flash drive.

At this point in time I boot to the flash drive, and once DOS is started up, I type in the command, and get an error along the lines of "can't find what you want". Sorry, I can't remember the exact wording and I've done this too many times and am frustrated.

Please help me out here, as maybe there is a step I am missing or the command is wrong.
If it helps, its Win7x64 and a Gigabyte Motherboard with the Supermicro in the PCIe slot.
My concern is that it seems that I need to run a flashing utility and that I can't execute a bin.

Again, please help.
Thanks,
Ray

Back