• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First 3dmark w/ new 9800 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
snyper1982 said:
like i said, it is not worth it. its not even worth the trouble of setting up the new hardware, for an increase you will never notice. like i also said, its your money, so do as you please. but dont sit there and say it isnt worth it for someone else to spend money an a card, when you think it is worth it to spend more money on hardware that will make a small increase in performance.

since when was it trouble to set up a faster ti4200 and sell my old ti4200 and get 80% of my money back? I lose a few dollars but I get a ti4200 thatll come close to a stock 9700 pro without aa/af :D and with that nf7-s mobo, ill have twice the cpu power of you for 3dmarking, gaming and of course FOLDING!

03 is really bad at checking the true overall performance. Your 03 score is so close to mine, but 01 score I won by 10%+. :)

Valk said:

is there a way to flash the bios WITHOUT a floppy drive? I managed to get my score over 20k, but only in 640x380, my non standard score if you will.

You need a more powerful processor to make your video card worthy. You managed to reach 20k with 640x480. My stand default test settings at 1024x768 is still higher :).

lmao this is funny. he beat your 640x480x16 in 1024x768x32. this is why Id rather get a faster cpu than a new card anyday :)

Overclocker550 said:
my cpu is maxed but im getting a new ti4200 and an nf7-s with very high fsb, I hope

oh and interesting avator. poor little girl :eek:

My main rig (see below) had trouble getting 16k with my Ti4200. My FSB is 227 and my timings are 2 2 2 5. Plus, my Ti4200 was faster than yours.

I say this: Good luck even getting 15k.

I am guaranteed to 15k once I get my new ti4200. should get me about 15.6k to very near 16k on my kt400 mobo then my nf7-s im getting should boost me about 1k more, well see :D

Overclocker550 said:

since when was it trouble to set up a faster ti4200 and sell my old ti4200 and get 80% of my money back? I lose a few dollars but I get a ti4200 thatll come close to a stock 9700 pro without aa/af :D and with that nf7-s mobo, ill have twice the cpu power of you for 3dmarking, gaming and of course FOLDING!

i wasnt talking about the card. i was talking about the mobo. and yes, that is more trouble than it is worth, it is a benchmark. sell your old card and get a 9700, it is a more worthwhile upgrade. and im glad to know that you will have twice the cpu power of me, i swear you dont make any sense sometimes, you think i cant overclock with my board? geez man get a clue. i can hit 2ghz on air, not to mention i am water cooling cpu, nb, and gpu. and where did this comaprison to my syetem come in here? i would take my setup over your proposed setup any day of the week. 9700=better than ANY ti4200.

Overclocker550 said:
I am guaranteed to 15k once I get my new ti4200. should get me about 15.6k to very near 16k on my kt400 mobo then my nf7-s im getting should boost me about 1k more, well see :D

Just getting an NF7 isn't gonna boost your score. I doubt your new card will put you much over 15k, if that.

Overclocker550 said:

i highly doubt you are going to get a 1k increase. the nforce is about 3 to 4 percent faster in gaming according to anadtech. but good luck hitting 17.

my new ti4200 is gonna be 340/700, thats how high the seller had it to on air! hes gonna guarantee 330/680 as for that nf7-s Ill be going from 190fsb(kt400) to 225fsb nf7-s and I might even get dual channel. factor in all that :) and if your cpu can oc to 2GHz, update your sig to reflect that

no, i dont run it at that, so why advertise that it is? i run it at stock, so i show stock speeds. and your not gauranteed ANYTHING from the nf7-s and your cpu isnt going to go much higher than 2.4, i understand that you will run a little faster with the higher fsb, but nothing to write home about.

Overclocker550 said:
my new ti4200 is gonna be 340/700, thats how high the seller had it to on air! hes gonna guarantee 330/680 as for that nf7-s Ill be going from 190fsb(kt400) to 225fsb nf7-s and I might even get dual channel. factor in all that :) and if your cpu can oc to 2GHz, update your sig to reflect that

How do you plan on getting that high FSB with PC2700?

Overclocker550 said:

From your sig, you have so many cards. Why getting another Ti4200? Why not sell all your cards and get a latest card if you need cash?

"and your not gauranteed ANYTHING from the nf7-s and your cpu isnt going to go much higher than 2.4, i understand that you will run a little faster with the higher fsb, but nothing to write home about."

I can always resell my nf7-s if it cant outperform my kt400. Thatll be sad too. I see so much ranting and raving over those nf2 chipset mobos and how fast they are so im gonna find out once for all. The nf2 mobos should be faster fsb for fsb meaning 200 on an nf2 should own 200 on a kt333/400 based mobo. oh thanks for reminding me to update my sig. you run your cpu stock all the time? ill be running mine a bit below max oc for games, only max it for benchies

"Why not sell all your cards"

my ti4200 is on ebay. the money from that will pay for the new ti4200 :)

#18 said:

From your sig, you have so many cards. Why getting another Ti4200? Why not sell all your cards and get a latest card if you need cash?

because they are not worth it :rolleyes:

maybe, instead of listening to the hype, you should do a little thing called research, it wont OWN it. it is faster, but not worthy of an upgrade over a kt400. it WILL outperform your kt400 but nothing breathe taking. the reason for the ranting and raving is the locked pci. you can oc farther because you dont get errors on your pci, or agp cards.

The nForce 2's are faster because they have a bus lock. You can run your FSB way up and not adversely affect your system. Plus, they support dual channel.

Back