• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First attempt @ OC the new rig.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaym14

4ghzoc.png

HT on turbo mode & power saving CPU settings all disabled. Memory clocked low to test CPU only right now. Most other settings all on auto. Not too bad outta the gate.. but only about 1.5 hrs prime stable so far. Would this be too much voltage for daily use? My temps seems fine.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
Pretty high voltage there, but you are on water and your temps look fine. As far as being to high, it's debatable. On water, you're probably okay with ~1.5v, but you are likely shortening the life of your CPU.

Zonnza

How do u have a 21x multiplier with turbo mode OFF on an i7 920? I thought that u can't go higher on a 920 then 20x multiplier. Is it something that your mobo allows?

I thought that the 920 was only able to get a max of a 21 multiplier but only able to do that with tubo on.

Please explain cause I will be OCing my 920 soon and am interested how you did this with turbo off. :D

Shadowmonk

Most of the ASUS boards now have the BIOS revision available to switch to the 21x multiplier.

doz

Yes, some boards will allow the 21x multi (I believe the Intel like I have and one other STOCK, and some other Asus boards and possibly others have a mod'ed BIOS) and it will run full time on all 4 cores (8 threads). Technically 920 only has 20x and lower, but it seems to be more of a boards limitation, and not the CPU.

Zonnza

I would be really interested in this since I don't want to run turbo mode on when I oc my 920. My mobo is in my sig, its a e760 classified, does anyone know anything on how to unlock higher then 20 without turbo on this board? Im gonna do some research but if someone knows, please say.

nzaneb

I would be really interested in this since I don't want to run turbo mode on when I oc my 920. My mobo is in my sig, its a e760 classified, does anyone know anything on how to unlock higher then 20 without turbo on this board? Im gonna do some research but if someone knows, please say.

You're stuck at 20 with eVGA. Unless there is a hacked BIOS that allows for it. Why don't you want to run turbo on?