• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first copper block on my mill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
i was gonna make a really similar one to ChrioNs block, 1/2 outer channels and 1/8 middle channels. On my mill, 1 turn=1/16in. i got a single turn off and it messed it up, so i had to make it EXACTLY like chrions :p
the only diff is prob the channel depth, and the outer look. i used a 1/4inch copper bar as the base
heres some pics
(click the pic to access folder with more)

7.jpg

you see an extra hole... ignore it;) i marked my holes by scraping my caliper on the aluminum, there was lines from milling it down a little....... and yeah..

i cant wait to get the tripple channel thing in the center! my temps are down a bunch! The temps are around the same as the Type-S block, the Type-S was 44c level, this one is jumping between 43 and 45c

the reflected light was because i milled the top down with a 1/2inch end mill, milled it shorter and shineyier:p(is that a word:D)

yes i soldered it, did you click on the picture? more pictures inside:D

i made it! im hoping to make some more blocks, and find some more aluminum so i can make more for peoples!

thanx guys, i think ill turn out more than 1 a week sometimes:D

So the internal channels are 3/8" wide on the outer sides... they don't look to be circular to me, so how high are they? Have you thought about the flowrate?

the outer ones are 1/2 the inner ones aer 3/16, the flow rate is pretty good! the channels are .18inches deep
dont look circular?

nah, i got some black anodized aluminum chipset blocks i made comming to me soon
its pretty light, its sitting on my cpu so im not sure

my next project will prob be cooling the dual gpu voodoo 5 5500, and prob all 8 ram chips

nah, i havent, itll be a pain to fit the hoses in if i do...

maskedgeek said:
nah, i havent, itll be a pain to fit the hoses in if i do...

True, if it gave you any positive results it would prob be only 1-2 degrees anyway.

Just a thought...

the mill? or the end mill? the mill is the machine, the end mill is the drill bit type thingy. its not just an end mill that gets those nice paths, its the mill, over all it was over $500 for a CHEAP one and some stuff...

Back