• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First custom loop - need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyanBRZ

This is my 2nd ever PC build, the first being done in 2008. I originally planned on AIO for both CPU and GPU but then decided to go custom loop for both. I've watched dozens of videos but none break it down to the specific parts needed to build the loop. I think I have everything accounted for but I'd like some help before ordering.

Build components that matter:
  • Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv tempered glass
  • CPU - i7 8700K
  • CPU block - Phanteks PH-C350I_BK
  • GPU - EVGA 1080 GTX Hydro Copper
  • PSU - EVGA 750 G3
From what I've read/seen, I need 2 compression fittings for each component.
  • CPU block - 2 fittings
  • GPU block - 2 fittings
  • Top radiator - 2 fittings
  • Front radiator - 2 fittings
  • Pump - 2 fittings
  • Reservior - 2 fittings
  1. I am going with PETG 12/16 tubing, so based on my above parts list does this mean I need 12 12/16 compression fittings?
  2. Is it easier to go with a pump/res combo, or separate res and pump units? I think it may look cleaner having the pump in the basement of my case so it is out of sight, but if it makes things harder I can instead go with a smaller res and do the combo.
  3. I would like to add an extra drain line near the pump so when I do a flush it will make life easier. What do I need to tie this into the lines near the pump?
  4. Can I get good cooling with just 1 rad or should I go with 2?
Can you guys take a look at my parts list? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Loop parts list:
  • 1 x EK-RES X3 250 RGB (Reservoir)
  • 1 x EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - (incl. sleeved pump) (Pump)
  • 1 x EK-CoolStream SE 360 (Slim Triple) (Front rad)
  • 1 x EK-CoolStream XE 360 (Triple) (Top rad)
  • 6 x EK-Furious Vardar EVO 120 (3000rpm) (Rad fans)
  • 1 x EK-HD PETG Tube 12/16mm 500mm (2pcs) (Tubing)
  • 1 x EK-HD Tube D.I.Y. Kit 10&12mm (Tube bending/cutting kit)
  • 12 x EK-ACF Fitting 12/16mm - Black (Compression fittings)

Last edited:
First of, :welcome: to OCFs.

To better assist you, a few things need to be said.

Make sure you're aware of the size of said case since it can either make things easier or harder to work with when it comes to custom liquid cooling. Search google images and build logs from others of the case you're set on going with to help you mash all the ideas of how the loop can be configured and the cannot's.

To help you better understand the basics and all the necessities of liquid cooling, please have a read of our water cooling stickies as well as having a good look at this well done educational video.

Back