• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Epox board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Looking to grab an Epox MOBO. Newegg has the 8K3A KT333CE DDR333 266MHz refurbed for 72 bux or the EP-8K3AE for 69 bux. Which one? I have 2 sticks of XMS3200 RAM. It seems they both are pretty comparable. The 3 bucks nay be worth it for the retail stuff. Is there anything to look out for on these boards?

the 8K3A will overclock better however I think there was a faulty run of them at some point because I've read a lot of threads where people have had to RMA the board because it was DOA or in my case, died in a week.

~THT

Of the 2, I would go with the 8k3a based on O/Cing capabilities. On the down side, I had to RMA 2 of them but if you find a good one it'll be a great board. Hopefully as a refurb it has been tested and your chances might be better. Plus Newegg is a good reseller so that'll help should there be a problem. :cool:

Back