• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Hardline Loop - Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Purejaz

Hi All,

I am attempting my first hard line water cooling loop and after some advice.

I have the following:

2x 360 GTS radiators both with ML LL120 fans.
Phantek Evolv X Case
Barrow Waterway Board (with DDC pump)

I am intending for now, to only water cool the CPU as i am planning on upgrading to a 2080 ti in a few months.

The loop i have decided on (unless you guys know a better way) is:

Loop v2.png

I am struggling on the loop from the radiator on the right to the waterway board.

The one nearest to the board is very tight and no space for any tubing (i did try, but it is not secure). As such would some extension fittings (thinking 10mm) and a double rotary 90" fitting make this possible?.

The second radiator path, i am thinking similarly to use a 10mm male to female extension fitting and a right angle fitting, then just running some tube with a 90" bend. Does this sound a good idea?.

Any advice/recommendations/improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

a pic would be better i think. im not sure where your rads are going...until then my advice is make sure you have extra tubing! lol

Hi Maxfly,

Thanks for the response. I learnt pritty early on that i need lots and lots of tubing lol

Here is a picture of the top right of what i am trying:

20190806_203137.jpg

Hopefully that makes it clearer.

Im very anti hard line.

Im considering a hybrid loop. hard and soft. Soft tubes will be run straight for the cpu and gpu so you wont be able to tell. But allow me to keep the loop full and work on the pc. I did hard line one time and i did not like when i had to pull my gpu out.

I hate 90deg fittings. 90's absolutely kill your flow. I would do straight fittings and bend the 90's to help keep the flow up. Those 90 fittings make a sharp turn where a 90 tube bend is nice and smooth.

But tubing is cheap. Pick up a few extra runs and try bending some letters. After you can typical use some of them if you cut them but it gives you some practice getting nice smooth bends and learn how much heat you need so everything comes out great when you decide to do your loop.

Is this a CPU only loop? Maybe the easiest answer is to use just a single GTS360, which should be plenty unless it's and HEDT. You could also orient the radiator with the ports to the bottom instead of the top. Otherwise just keep playing with short runs/ extensions, or is there even room for the two fittings to go together?

Thanks for the advice.

I am hoping by positioning the drain valve at the bottom of the loop it will make draining and working on the computer easier. Only concern would actually be the radiator as it would not drain (everything else should i believe).

For now it is CPU only but i will be adding in the GPU in a few months time.

Back