• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First new system build in over ten years

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
My first new system build in over ten years. Everyone talked me into dumping my old beige cases...which I did. So I treated myself to a new, up-to-date case, a NZXT H510 - Compact ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case.

The internals are:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B560M AORUS PRO
CPU: Intel Core i5-11400F
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200
GPU: RTX 3060*, RTX 2060**
(arriving next week)
**(to be installed this weekend)
Currently using a simple GT 710 while setting up the system. I've got Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS installed, and Folding@Home running. This i5(6C/12T) plus the GT 710 reportedly putting up 491K PPD according to FAHcontrol. The GT 710 itself is capable of 16.626 PPD, not a real powerhouse, but it's earning it's keep. ;)

System photos later on, the morning window light source is wrecking my best efforts at taking a decent pic.

Congrats, it's always fun to put a new system together & get all the tweaks to where you want them! :thup:

Even though I was not among those telling you to ditch the beige, I will say you'll be nicely surprised & happy with the wire management in a modern case.

Congrats, it's always fun to put a new system together & get all the tweaks to where you want them! :thup:

Even though I was not among those telling you to ditch the beige, I will say you'll be nicely surprised & happy with the wire management in a modern case.
This is a fairly simple case, but it's very wire management orientated. And the new EVGA PSU has all black, flat wiring that's easy to work with. It's funny, I didn't really want to have a clear side panel, because I was used to hiding the mess. But now I'm liking that the internals are nice and tidy. ;)

BTW, I still have a couple legacy rigs, they escaped the e-waste run. The Sun Microsystems case is going up for sale, and my old old first build(Y2K) will still make a great door stop.

Back