• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Preview of dual GPU on a single card!?1!?!11?!?1!?one1?!?!1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darksparkz

Two 7800GTs on one card, having two of those cards means 4 GPU all together.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/14/sneak_preview_of_the_nvidia_quad_gpu_setup/

Only 2000 released for media preview. Looks like it has it's own "power supply". Shows 100% benefit in FEAR over 7800GTX SLI. Shows some decent improvements in other games.

My assumption on price would be $800 for a single card, I'd probably guess that they should be priced more then 7800GTX 512MB.

Dan Derrig

Gigabyte already had dual 6600/6800 cards for their SLI motherboards. I don't think you could run two in SLI like this though.

z0n3

They did this before with the 6800 series. They never released for the consumer. Don't worry about getting the money for one.

liftedcj7on44s

7800gtx

lol yeah me and a buddy were just thinking about 2 512's of these. if they get enough requests they will come out with this setup and then maybe the 512's but dont count on the 512's anytime soon.

OP
darksparkz

darksparkz

Wait, so if you use Gigabytes mobo, and run 4 of these cards, thats 4x2=8 GPUs...that's like...more then overkill, you can run FEAR 2 on that with perfect settings...lol.

Maybe the 7800GTXx2 is coming out later on or something, things like this is pushing too fast for gaming industry to catch up.

PhoenixOfChaos

Technologically - Impressive. Practically - displeasing ( at least).

From what I can tell this is just a tech show case, 4x GT only scoring 2k more in 3dm05 then normal SLi for like 3x the cost is pathetic for now. Not only that they're running "teh h0tz", personally untill these cards get more stable performance I won't be too impressed.

If the fix the bugs and make it less power eating I'll revoke my displeasement :)

Careface

very impressive.. why exactly are people complaining about 3dmarks? i mean come on, that bench is already CPU limited, and now it has to feed 4 hungry cards and you expect more than 2k from it? =\

Careface*

Son1990

Holy god! If I can find one, im gettin it!

EDIT: Never mind, Ill stick with my GTX :)

Last edited: