• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time benching a 775 rig (c2q)... need some tips/advise :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Ok just got all my stuff situated, and finally have a few minutes to sit down and see what this system has. Also it has given me a lot of new stuff to learn all about :D

Seems somewhat the same, but so different than the DFI skt 939 days lol.

Anyways so far I've only ran a few quick runs of 3dmark06 and got mid 14,000's which didn't seem very impressive, but I am gonna mess around with that a little more tonight.

Here is my 1m SuperPi 1.5 Mod SS... does that time look about right? Also is getting 4ghz with that voltage (set to 1.3625 in Bios) with only a passive Ninja pretty good so far? Seems like I got some more head room, but I do not want to keep pushing it more without knowing some limits I should keep in mind. Namely Vcore, and temps.

What clocks should I be roughly getting with a VF900 cooler on this 4850?

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4669/82551343.png

Incase you have sigs turned off I will post my specs

Q9550 @ 4ghz
2x2gb HyperX 1066 DDR2
P5E Deluxe with 0501 Bios
ATI HD4850 670/1050

Nice OC on that quad man...is that a "C" batch Q9550?

Did you flash the Bios back to the P5E Deluxe?

It is a SLB8V stepping... not sure if that is what you mean or not?

And yeah I went back to the Deluxe Bios. Few reasons lol

1) My kids and gf use this computer too, so I didn't want those false BIOS warnings coming up with me not here and them screwing something up

2) Was wayyyyy to many options for me being as inexperienced with 775 BIOS terminology as I am :D

Maybe I will reflash it at another time.

I just feel that something is up with this 4850. After searching the Orb there are stock Intel Quad cores that are scoring higher than me in 06 cause their Graphic scores are much greater than mine. Not sure if it is a driver issue or not, but I turned off all the eye candy in the CCC.

On the box label where it says FPO Batch # , does it have an A, B or C in the middle of the set or numbers?

Anyone able to give me some ideas as to why my graphic score is so low in 06?

Back