• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time Hardlinin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i hate to say it but i have to give up on the ddc dualbay res. i just cant get the tubing to bend right with such small tight bends and being so close together. there just isnt enough room behind the res for me to get anything in there effectively. much less hook anything up once i get one line kinda halfassed connected. im really bummed but ive been banging my head against the wall long enough. im throwin in the towel. sadly i picked up one of the swiftech mcp35x2 black tops. i got it cheap on ebay so well see how THIS works. ideally i wanted to get a white one but i didnt have another $60 in the budget :( this will be muuuuch easier to connect in that it has two ways of using the outlets. either the recommended top outlet or the front outlet which is less efficient. either one will be 100% easier to connect to lol.
i dont know how yet but i will find a way to use that xspc ddc dual bay res. maybe externally...hmmm.

One of the best dual serial ddc pump tops out there. :thup: I use one myself.

sweet, im looking forward to getting it! its killing me waiting to get this loop finished.

that is going to look saweeet. white tubing and a white case with black fittings.

20180308_213919 (2).jpg

annnd the new rad with a killer flow meter! going to mount the flow meter just down from the new rad.
20180308_220913 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Took a break from the webz and came back here just to check this thread... I am dissapoint bro! Where dem pics?

good to see your back! ugh im sorry man. i had to put all of my upgrades on hold for a long time(obviously). had surgery on my back. then on my foot a couple of months later. then on my back again(not kidding). finally getting to the point where i can sitdown and work for a couple of hours without pain.
im actually getting close to reviving this i promise! altho while laid up ive been loading up on new wcing parts for my main rig as well. hehe said fug it, if i cant build, ill just buy hahaha. so im going to be redoing the main rig later this month(fingers crossed) new res/new bitspower dual d5 pump top/uv blue 14mm hardline/ all new fittings, its gonna be purdy. and then ill finally be getting the black and white rig DONE! the parts are actually dusty as hell now. you would be sick if you could see my office right now. its just lousy with wcing gear, fans, and pump parts right now. its beautiful. i will update this thread once i start redoing the main rig tho. itll be my actual first time using hardline for more than a couple of test bends. tbh ive forgotten what little i learned bleh.

just wanted to update things. i was juuuust about ready to start tearing my rig down when i was contacted by a cat with the mono block for my mb-bitspower thor eix99. he made me an offer i couldnt refuse :clap:
ive been able to get everything i need for the new loop. just have to wait a couple of weeks to get the mono block.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-thor-eix99-nickel-plated-full-covered-block-clear.html
coincidentally it also frees up my current cpu block. so i no longer need to buy one for the back up rig. which puts me one part closer to finishing that long overdue project! i originally started this thread about it. along those lines i had to give up on trying to replace the circuit boards on my two half dead ddc 3.2s. it turns out i have absolutely zero soldering skills. particularly when trying to solder copper wire that is as thin as .07mm mechanical pencil lead. ugh what a friggin nightmare. so two new ddcs are in my future. i had a line on a pair of swiftech mcp35x but that fell thru so once again im searching away.
see ya in a couple of weeks.

Don't forget to check out Aquacomputer's new D5 NEXT. While we don't see any dual pump serial variations atm as a bunch of us keep asking AC since they can't respond about it if its coming at all or being worked on but this new pump does come with everything one could only dream of once upon a time.

oh man that is the swiss army knife of pumps! at some point ill be adding one to my collection haha. its nice to see a company being innovative in the wcing world again. alphacool have been releasing some sweet gear lately. im waiting to see an rgb radiator next!
ive got to stick with ddcs due to space restrictions. that case is so small compared to my x71. ive also got to use my shiny new swiftech mcp35x2 thats been sitting here for months lol. thats why it killed me to lose out on the mcp35x :(

Back