• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First W/C Rig *pics*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceWilly

Okay guys here is my first go at a watercooling rig. I wasn't going for top of the line cooling, just for a quiet compact pc with good temps.

Specs:
Lain Li pc-60 Aluminum Case
DD Maze 4 Cpu block
Hydor L-20 Pump
Black Ice Xtreme Radiator
T-line Setup with 1/2" ID tubing.

Temps are like 94 F (34 C) Idle
96 F (36 C) Load

Lemme know what you think. :D :D :D

if they don't load here are the addresses.
http://www.geocities.com/icewilly27/Case_1.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/icewilly27/Case_2.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/icewilly27/Case_3.JPG

Last edited:

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
Looks very nice...way to cram that all in there (and cleanly too)! :) I like the cathode setup - the two colors go nicely.

Going to be doing any overclocking?

OP
IceWilly

IceWilly

ok...

Going to be doing any overclocking?

Maybe some, unfortunately my Soyo Mobo isn't the best for that. I am gonna try it, we will see how it goes.

looks sweet, did you have to do any modifying to the case?

A little, I cut the holes for the cathode switch, and pump relay. I took out the harddrive rack on the bottom, drilled out the rivets, and pounded down the speaker brackets on the floor. I also cut a little off of the Floppy cage to allow for the rad to fit. I also made a hole in the Cd rom bay for the tubing to leave. This made it so that the tubing didn't have to make a sharp turn and kink itself.

nice but to you have it going pump-rad-block-pump or pump-block-rad-pump?

Its going Pump-Rad-Block-Pump right now. I don't know how much of a difference it makes but this seemed like a good setup, really the only good way the tubing would go too.

thanks guys

Giblet Plus!

Case_1.JPG

Case_2.JPG

Case_3.JPG

Looks good. :D

Suma

Looks good.
Here I rehosted your pics so everyone can see them nicely.
Here you go: (Hosted in my own server)
Case_1.jpg

Case_2.jpg

Case_3.jpg

Suma.

Last edited:
OP
IceWilly

IceWilly

Thanks for hosting them guys. How do you host them? The only way i know how is to post them on Geocities. Any tips for next time?

OP
IceWilly

IceWilly

that is a custom shroud a guy on OC forums made for me acctually. I think you can buy them at Cooltechnica.com now...
I think they fit the Bix and the Pros.

9mmCensor

Disabled
IceWilly said:
that is a custom shroud a guy on OC forums made for me acctually. I think you can buy them at Cooltechnica.com now...
I think they fit the Bix and the Pros.

posted by Lothar5150
Nice and Clean setup is that a mini-CoolShroud on the BIX?
He makes them I think.

OP
IceWilly

IceWilly

lol ur right, thanks again lothar, i forgot to check the name in my PM list.... Nice work man fits like a dream...

Lothar5150

Coolsleeves™ Guy
IceWilly said:
lol ur right, thanks again lothar, i forgot to check the name in my PM list.... Nice work man fits like a dream...

Your welcome and I am glad you like it...That's what I'm all about...give'in you guys what you want.:)

Bleed

where did you buy that drive bezels to stealth the drive? I've seen it somewhere, its for lian li's, I just forgot where I saw it. very nice rig btw :D

E-Licious

Bleed said:
where did you buy that drive bezels to stealth the drive? I've seen it somewhere, its for lian li's, I just forgot where I saw it. very nice rig btw :D

Link for CD drive face plates

You can get Lian Li face plates for your drives for $1! It looks like he has the universal drive bezel, which I don't like as much because it covers everything but the eject button. I wish there were a face plate for Lite-On drives. :(