• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First W/C Rig *pics*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceWilly

Okay guys here is my first go at a watercooling rig. I wasn't going for top of the line cooling, just for a quiet compact pc with good temps.

Specs:
Lain Li pc-60 Aluminum Case
DD Maze 4 Cpu block
Hydor L-20 Pump
Black Ice Xtreme Radiator
T-line Setup with 1/2" ID tubing.

Temps are like 94 F (34 C) Idle
96 F (36 C) Load

Lemme know what you think. :D :D :D

if they don't load here are the addresses.
http://www.geocities.com/icewilly27/Case_1.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/icewilly27/Case_2.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/icewilly27/Case_3.JPG

Last edited:
Looks very nice...way to cram that all in there (and cleanly too)! :) I like the cathode setup - the two colors go nicely.

Going to be doing any overclocking?

ok...

Going to be doing any overclocking?

Maybe some, unfortunately my Soyo Mobo isn't the best for that. I am gonna try it, we will see how it goes.

looks sweet, did you have to do any modifying to the case?

A little, I cut the holes for the cathode switch, and pump relay. I took out the harddrive rack on the bottom, drilled out the rivets, and pounded down the speaker brackets on the floor. I also cut a little off of the Floppy cage to allow for the rad to fit. I also made a hole in the Cd rom bay for the tubing to leave. This made it so that the tubing didn't have to make a sharp turn and kink itself.

nice but to you have it going pump-rad-block-pump or pump-block-rad-pump?

Its going Pump-Rad-Block-Pump right now. I don't know how much of a difference it makes but this seemed like a good setup, really the only good way the tubing would go too.

thanks guys

Case_1.JPG

Case_2.JPG

Case_3.JPG

Looks good. :D

Looks good.
Here I rehosted your pics so everyone can see them nicely.
Here you go: (Hosted in my own server)
Case_1.jpg

Case_2.jpg

Case_3.jpg

Suma.

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting them guys. How do you host them? The only way i know how is to post them on Geocities. Any tips for next time?

that is a custom shroud a guy on OC forums made for me acctually. I think you can buy them at Cooltechnica.com now...
I think they fit the Bix and the Pros.

IceWilly said:
that is a custom shroud a guy on OC forums made for me acctually. I think you can buy them at Cooltechnica.com now...
I think they fit the Bix and the Pros.

posted by Lothar5150
Nice and Clean setup is that a mini-CoolShroud on the BIX?
He makes them I think.

lol ur right, thanks again lothar, i forgot to check the name in my PM list.... Nice work man fits like a dream...

IceWilly said:
lol ur right, thanks again lothar, i forgot to check the name in my PM list.... Nice work man fits like a dream...

Your welcome and I am glad you like it...That's what I'm all about...give'in you guys what you want.:)

where did you buy that drive bezels to stealth the drive? I've seen it somewhere, its for lian li's, I just forgot where I saw it. very nice rig btw :D

Bleed said:
where did you buy that drive bezels to stealth the drive? I've seen it somewhere, its for lian li's, I just forgot where I saw it. very nice rig btw :D

Link for CD drive face plates

You can get Lian Li face plates for your drives for $1! It looks like he has the universal drive bezel, which I don't like as much because it covers everything but the eject button. I wish there were a face plate for Lite-On drives. :(

Back