• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first wc setup thought out...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aligoonbaba

Registered
I've been doing my research and I think I've finally decided how I am going to do this. Let me know what you guys think.

Heatercore
77 bonneville(i'm getting brave)
Pump
MCP655
CPU WB
Swiftech Apogee
GPU
MCW60
Tubing
1/2" Clearflex
Fans
Sunon dual 120mm fans(108cfm,42dba)

Accesories will be clamps a t fitting and a 80mm to 120mm adapter.

I was also going to use that non-conductive liquid, any thoughts on this? If I missed anything else let me know.

Parts look good, non-conductive fluid has saved my graphics card twice so I'd recommend it(you'll just need one 20oz bottle with your setup). Consider getting a fill-port so you can have a T-line for filling and bleeding the system.

yes I didnt add a t-line for bleeding and it was a mistake... when I redoo it during a case switch here soon, I will be adding one.

Awsome thanks guys. One other thing, will that gpu block work with a 7900 gt? i think i've read a few places where they dont. Also, The way I plan to have my rad set up the fans can either pull air through the rad into the case, or push air from the case through the rad...bad idea or, no? One last thing, all the other fans on the case. do i need them to blow air out of the case or blow air into the case with a wc setup. these are my last few glitches i'm trying to work out...thanks guys.

What about the fan situation? Is it ok to pull air from inside the case? I will have all other fans acting as exhaust fans to keep the ambient temps as cool as possible. Does this sound like a solid plan?

It's probably better to pull fresh, cool air from outside the case and have a couple exhaust fans in your case too.

atomic ferret said:
It's probably better to pull fresh, cool air from outside the case and have a couple exhaust fans in your case too.

I like pulling or pushing cooler air from outside of case into rad. Talked to one of the Danger Den techs. and that seems to be there prefrence.

I'm just having a little confusion on how to mount my rad. I was thinking I could put it on top of the case, this would allow me to have my exhaust fans in the rear. Can a rad be completly sealed, say in a tuppaware enclosure with the fans pulling cool air into it...kind of like an external case, keep it looking nice.

Yeah, basically. Anyone have any plans to make something like that? This is getting confusing, so many places to mount, only one to choose!

Back