• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First XP2100+ CPU has arrived but its not mine! OC Results Inside!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Ok, this is getting all wacky. What had originally happened was I requested the JIXIB stepping from Dangeo and Dangeo emailed me back saying that they had the JIXIB stepping in stock according to the computer.

Now there saying that they have the AIXIB stepping in stock instead and now I might be getting that one. I dont know which one will perform better but my friend just recieved his last night and has got some really killer results.

Hopefully by friday night, I will receive my CPU and my sisters so we can start our own O/C frenzy!

My friend's DUT3C AIXIB 0336 2100+ was running at 2.20GHz at stock 1.60V on a Thermaltake Volcano7+ Copper with the mod. He primed it for four hours with success and is now priming at 2.30GHz at stock. He's going to go for a full 24 hours and let us know how it turns out. I think he's got a board with the KT333 chipset.

This puts butterflys in my stomach knowing results like this :) Leads me to believe that 2.50GHz will be possible with this CPU without the Chip giving out.

On another note,, My dad gave me his credit card and told me to go on a frenzy and that I did! I ordered an Audigy2 ZS for my sister, 5 of those blue Antec fans :), two P90F ViewSonic Monitors, 3 80GB hard drives :) fun for raiding hehe... two 52X Liteon CD Burners, DVD-Roms, essential cords and stuff. Now the waiting part which sucks hehe...

OC-Master

Last edited:
AFAIK Axxxx steppings are generally better than Jxxxx steppings. Not sure on that though.

Either way you should get some pretty cool speeds out of that chip. What cooling are you going to be using?

David said:
AFAIK Axxxx steppings are generally better than Jxxxx steppings. Not sure on that though.

Either way you should get some pretty cool speeds out of that chip. What cooling are you going to be using?

Everyone is using the Volcano7+ with the mod, me, my sister and him.. You'd be surprised how good that heatsink is :) and for $35 Canadian, there is no way I can pass that up.

BTW, if you know me well, as soon as I get the CPU, I will be posting complete results of everything. I will not leave one MHz on this CPU unclocked without telling everyone its potential.

EDIT: BTW, David, what happened to the Peguin? I miss that bird :D

OC-Master

Last edited:
The Coolest said:
Why didn't you get a new motherboard RAM?

Because that would be a waste of money. I need at least bare minimum 1.00GB of memory to do the work that I do,, running servers and rendering 3D animation so the price would be rediculous. Also, I'd most likely have to have 1.50GB or 2.00GB of ram for what I do.

If I was going to upgrade the mobo and ram, I'd be getting the Abit NF7-S 2.1 along with 1GB PC3200. Right there, thats $600 Canadian shipped.

Next year, i want a 939pin Athlon64 FX solution which would make this upgrade almost useless. Sure I could use this as a second PC but its just not justifieable anymore for my needs.

OC-Master

I would go for the AIXIB - that is a 2400+ stepping AFAIK, and it would be very nice to see how they do compared to the JIXIB 1800+s. I am pretty sure that A#### steppings are only seen on the higher PRed chips like the 200+, 2200+, and 2400+.

Also - your friend's AIXIB is a DUT3C? Try for a DLT3C one if they can get you one - the DLT3Cs stock out @ 1.5 Vcore. Although the higher PRed chips might just have a higher stock Vcore, and the same performance as the lower stock-Vcore 1800+s.

good luck, post results! :D

OC-Master said:

Everyone is using the Volcano7+ with the mod, me, my sister and him.. You'd be surprised how good that heatsink is :) and for $35 Canadian, there is no way I can pass that up.

You would be suprised how not good it is, although I can understand that money is an issue, especially when its difficult to find some stuff in canada.

On another note,, My dad gave me his credit card and told me to go on a frenzy and that I did!
:eek: Did you have to drug him or something??? :D

Well you have a point there OC-Master, this is why I only got the A7V266-e for $30, and getting some RAM might cost me a bit but I will sell the old mobo + 256MB of RAM + Duron900/Athlon1200. That should make up for the new mobo + RAM.
I also plan to do a major upgrade when the 939pin FXs are widely available, got some newer steppings and mobo revisions. And gonna get me a PCI Express vid card.

One thing that you should realize is that you can only run 133MHz FSB or more at x17 multiplier, anything else and you'll be forced to 100MHz. its a problem with the VIA KT133A chipset, doesn't matter what motherboard it is. I had this problem first hand, basically that's why I'm running 1700MHz right now.
I saw someone who managed 13x133, will have to look into that one, but for now, I don't think its really possible.

Deathknight said:

You would be suprised how not good it is, although I can understand that money is an issue, especially when its difficult to find some stuff in canada.

:eek: Did you have to drug him or something??? :D

Hmm,

according to http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/ the SLK-800U performs 7C cooler than the Volcano 7+ under a heavy stress enviroment. That does not justify paying twice the price. The Volcano7+ is copper and does its job very well.

OC-Master

Ok, DANGEO phoned me and the results,,

They got some new AIUHB 2100+ 0336 in that appearently are supposed to be insane overclockers.

He said he'd knock off a few bucks on each chip since it wasnt the one I requested and I was like sweet.

AIUHB DUT3C is the standard 2100 stepping you get almost everywhere, just a newer week. There may be no difference, but no one knows what the signifigance the X and U have in regards to processor architecture. Though I have to say your friend's 2100 sounds better than the average 2100 if it primes 2.3ghz at stock voltage.

Well, newer weeks are usually better anyways - Noone can say that the newer 0334 JIUHBs don't perform as well as the JIXIBs, because in most cases they actually do.

Still sounds promising though, although I question how the guy at Dangeo know whether or not they clock well...

A l'il OT.......

Hiya OC-Master,

Sorry for the OT, I tried searching..... nuttn!

I'm donating my V7+ to my Bro's Barton2500+.
I found it a bit noisy, especially on high.
So, what's with the "mod" 80mm fan mod?
Please post a link, if there is one, or the pertinant details!

Thanx for any info.

OC-Master said:

BTW, if you know me well, as soon as I get the CPU, I will be posting complete results of everything. I will not leave one MHz on this CPU unclocked without telling everyone its potential.

EDIT: BTW, David, what happened to the Peguin? I miss that bird :D

OC-Master
bit

Ok, here is the thing...

What is the difference between a AIUHB 0336 CPU and a JIXIB 0336 CPU when there both made from the same plant and same manufacturing place (Malaysia). This just makes me wanna cry :(

I'm at a wites end with CPUs LOL

BTW, if there is anyone out there looking for the 2100+ CPUs, BUY THEM NOW!

Appearently, these things are quickly going extint and are being replaced by the 200+, 2200+ and 2400+ Thorton CPUs. Dangeo has all of these in stock. Dangeo is on there last batch of 2100+ CPUs and then after that, no more.

A man from Dangeo personally phoned me and told me this and I was shocked. Unfortuneatly, same goes for the 1800+ CPUs like the 1700+ CPUs went.

EDIT: Did I tell everyone that there gonna overnight the CPUs to me free :) so we'll know tomorrow hopefully what exactly is going to happen.

OC-Master

No offense, but are you ignoring me? You should do a quick search about your mobo + TbredB and see what you get. I'm not trying to fool you or something, this is happening to me and all other KT133A users. I suggest you read this:

The Coolest said:
One thing that you should realize is that you can only run 133MHz FSB or more at x17 multiplier, anything else and you'll be forced to 100MHz. its a problem with the VIA KT133A chipset, doesn't matter what motherboard it is. I had this problem first hand, basically that's why I'm running 1700MHz right now.
I saw someone who managed 13x133, will have to look into that one, but for now, I don't think its really possible.

Believe me its no fun using x20 or more multipliers. I think you should reconsider a new mobo

Last edited:
The Coolest said:
No offense, but are you ignoring me? You should do a quick search about your mobo + TbredB and see what you get. I'm not trying to fool you or something, this is happening to me and all other KT133A users. I suggest you read this:

Believe me its no fun using x20 or more multipliers. I think you should reconsider a new mobo

17 X 144 is running fine on several KT7A-RAID Mobo's so I'm going to attempt to run that. If I cant then I will consider the new boards.

But something tells me it will work!

OC-Master

The Coolest is right. Consider his post.

You will have much more system performance if you get a newer mb that can run a higher fsb.

Basically you are gonna have a fast chip, but the system won't be on par with it.

Back