• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fishing Planet w/corrupt shortcut name

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
I dont know what happened but reinstalling the game nor registery not even resetting the store will fix this. :bang head Instead of Fishing planet the shortcut title is "24c696e8-faaf-4e4a-a2de-c99354943b6e". Please help me fix this. Its cosmetic as the game works just fine. But I cant fix the shortcut title. No where on the web is there anyone else having this issue so im clueless atm. THANKS in advance.

Z

OP
Zuzzz

Zuzzz

Premium Member
TBH That was my first thing. There is no rename available for this. TY kindly for your response :)

Z

OP
Zuzzz

Zuzzz

Premium Member
Not only that but completely reinstalled the game. and no luck it always shows me this weird code for a name. Tried searching registery to fix it and no luck therre either. Mind you its purely cosmetic as far as the way it reads. The game itself works fine. I even tried reinstalling the MS Store, flushing Store cache etc. Nothing seems to fix it and no where can i find anyone else who has this issue. It would be funny if not for the fact Im kinda of ADD about it not reading correctly. THX

Z

OP
Zuzzz

Zuzzz

Premium Member
What s sad is i think that is the only option. Id still like to know whats wrong ..

Z

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I would try Revo Uninstaller first. It will use the unistaller for the game then scan the reg for any left over entries and then again scan the file system for anything left over. It will remove everything and give your installer a fresh platform.

OP
Zuzzz

Zuzzz

Premium Member
don,
ty kindly. I jsut now tried Revo and it completely removed the game etc. As I was reinstalling the game (after a reboot) It appeared it was fixed. However upon completion of the istall the name changed to that weird code. Im at a loss. At this point its more about what the heck is wrong and how to fix then a need for the game title to be correct. I just do not think I want to reinstall a whole OS for a game glitch. I'll keep trying. THX again

Z

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I doubt that the issue is with the OS. It may be a corrupt installer or an out of date(?) installer.

Edit: Looks like the game came out in 2015. 6 years old. Not sure that this means anything but it could depend on if the publisher has been keeping it up to date.

OP
Zuzzz

Zuzzz

Premium Member
MS seems to keep this up to date but yes it could be anything at this point. Win 11 is on the way so who knows, if I can't fix it before hand maybe it will 'fix' itself. lol TY again I'll keep trying.

Z

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
you can try doing the

sfc /scannow

and

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

from command prompt and powershell, respectively, maybe that will resolve something.

OP
Zuzzz

Zuzzz

Premium Member
I did as you stated Janus and after 2 reboots just to be sure still no fix. (Ran both as admin) Ty Kindly. The search continues. And at this point its more about finding the fix than the actual ugliness of a corrupt game title icon.

Z