• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fix any PC mouse that skips or extra clicks | Repairing a PC mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beret21

Registered
Fix any PC mouse that skips or extra clicks | Repairing a PC mouse

First of all i apologize for such a late update. Was very busy in JOB n bike repairs n family.

Shifted my PC to a bigger room. So cleaned most of my stuff and on the way gave this mouse some treatment.
Mouse clicks skipping or multiple clicks on a single click is a pretty common problem as the mouse gets old. I was facing this issue for pretty much a month now but didnt have time to treat the problem.

What cause this issue?
Mice buttons have a very thin copper shim in it, the actual thing that clicks. With passage of time it gets oxidize and this cause weak contact between the two copper parts (switch/button/click) which results in either multiple clicks or no click at all. Its a v v annoying thing but this happens to pretty much every expensive or inexpensive mouse over time.
In this video i showed how simple it is to get rid of this issue 99.9% .
You can give it a complete clean by opening up that button but i dont recommend it as its much risky as compare to this method.

Back