• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flags to set for celeron 450?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gungeek

Hello Team 32!

I've got my XP2500 system folding now (500ppw) so it's time to set up the kids computer (celeron 300A@450MHz;256MB) to fold. Both rigs will fold 24/7 and are connected to the internet.

For the celeron, I've downloaded the 3.24 client (graphical) and have it running with the preference set to Folding@Home. The first protein is a 2500 gromac; it should be a good test. Should I set any flags for the celeron to run faster?

The XP2500 machine is running the 3.25 beta with the -advmethods and -forceasm flags set; seems to be stable after a week of folding and 15 WUs.

gungeek

edit: the first step (25/2500) took 2 hours 20 minutes; good thing the time limit is a month or so. This could take 10 days to fold.

Last edited:
WELCOME TO THE FOLD AND THE TEAM!!!!

It's pretty close on the non SSE machines between Gromacs and Tinkers but gromacs do seem faster on both my 800 Mhz Athlon and my 1 Gig Duron so I keep the flags on. You may want to try downloading EMIII to monitor both clients and see what the estimated time is for the whole WU so you have an idea what's faster, tinker or gromac.

Keep the WU's coming!!

Build, Borg, Recruit!!!!

Back