• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flamethrower 1972's BUILD THREAD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@Flamethrower1972
If you play Microsoft Flight Simulator the AMD X3D CPU's are the only real choice -- the perf. diff. between the 78xxX3D CPU's and even an overclocked 14900ks is 30%!
I play DCS world in VR and yeah the 14900k isn't great. I'm not sure if I even saw a performance uplift when I upgraded from 13600k.

It got better over time, but I still cannot enable XMP on my TridentZ Royal w/ AORUS Z790 Elite. The Z790 platform is still undergoing critical bios updates, 14900KS support, implementing Intel's safe limits, etc. If you take my board for example, the last STABLE bios release is from 6 months ago, almost every month they release a new beta bios and end up taking it down because it causes system instability.
You could always try the Intel Extreme Tuning Tool. :)

Share what? The obvious things? Don't mean me wrong, but you expect someone to write a review about a product you already own, and it is not much different than multiple other cases on the market. Even when we look at the Deepcool that you previously wanted to buy, then it's not much different. There are no unique features or anything like that. You can write more about Deepcool Morpheus as it's somehow original, but most cases are just cases that should be large enough to install all the components that you need and shouldn't limit the airflow.

Understand that most review samples are from vendors who offer them. Reviewers can ask for something specific as long as they have contact with a manufacturer, but this does not guarantee that the product will be shipped. I don't remember if OCF had contact with Cougar, but if not, don't expect someone to buy the product and review it for you.
I used to buy some stuff that I later reviewed, but I also bought it because I was planning on using it.
I think I am going to change my mind for my gaming rig I think this is the one I am going to buy. I am stuck between those 2 cases.:bang head

Last edited:
Back