• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flash Ipod 4th Gen ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

Googled and cant find a solution to flashing this old ipod A1367 8gb. It has the infamous disabled issue from having password entered wrong.

Ive tried several different itune versions and come back to the same issue. It cannot connect to apple server and try again later. 3914 etc...

done all the suggestions like different machine, host file, antivirus, firewall...

Now I seek an alternate method of flashing.. Can it be done ? I dont care at this point whether its apples OS or custom. As long as I have a method of repair once the kids accidentally lock out again :D Otherwise its a paper weight

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately that will not work in this case. The password has been entered too many times and it is in a disabled state.

Using iTunes does not work, and neither does the hard reset option via buttons.

Only option I see at this point is to flash the device an alternative way to iTunes with ipsw file. Or to load an alternate OS on it . Which I'm guessing has to be in dfu mode ..

I've seen a suggestion of grounding battery terminal but ill leave that for very last ...

Back