• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing bios Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tome8689

Registered
I am new to this and I'm helping my son build his computer. The board is an A7N8X deluxe. I'm having trouble flahing the bios. Dowmloaded 1004 from the asus site and when i tried to flash it through the awd flash utility, it reads the floppy, starts to flash and then i get the error message, File Bios-Lock String does not match with your system. The current Bios is 1003. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks

JAW1973

im using asus utility in win xp... it lets you flash the bios from windows.. i don't know much about it but it seems like it works..
although i put 1005 on and my memory benchmarks went to S....

OP
T

tome8689

Registered
I'm using xp also and when i go into asus probe I can't get utility to do anything...did i miss doing something???

OP
T

tome8689

Registered
well i've got the flash utility to read the new bios but it still won't upgrade the bios after it reads it????????

bafbrian

I used that Asus flash utility in from BOOT and it worked fine.

I got mine from Asus' website, if I remember correctly.

Intrepid One

Registered
I had the same problem today (wrong lock string or something) turned out it was because it was the wrong BIOS for the board , wrong ver number . Go download the proper file and use the awdflash utility found on the cd and the switches
Awdflash (bios filename here).bin /py/sn/cd/cc/cp/ld/e

scott123

1st make sure you have the DELUXE bios, and use the ASUS utility to flash. I've flashed 8 times so far with the utility and it works flawlessly. The Utility also lets you know if you have the correct bios BEFORE you flash.

Scott

Legend911

Oh God Pleae

Make sure you check between the pci slots and see what revision you have and make sure you have a asus deluxe like me. I am still use 1003 with no problem. Make sure everything is correct or you may just be getting a blank screen soon!!!!:D