• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ikpthegame

So I found a stock bios for my 290, same brand and all. It slashed fine, but when I get to the login screen of windows my screen just goes black. I tried a fresh install of windows and it worked for a bit but then went black. What could be the issue?

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
If you can keep the screen on long enough. Try installing some OC software for the card. Then set the voltage up a tad. I know there was an issue with some of the 290/x series under low power and going to black screens. Did you save your original BIOS. You could always flash back to that one.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
You should be able to go into safemode and restore BIOS, or use another card as primary.

I agree with Johan45, it sounds like low voltage issue. Make sure that when you bring in a new BIOS you modify the power/voltages to what your card requires.

OP
I

ikpthegame

Got no clue how to get into safe mode in win 10 I didn't see the option. And I don't got a second card. Also I saved the other bios that was flashed on it b4 I got it but didn't put it in my memory stick so now it's gone.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Check this guide and in the first post refer to step #6 in the guide. If it's the card you bought from me, you should have left it alone as it was rock steady stable. Hope you didn't brick it.

OP
I

ikpthegame

It was the card but it was getting super hot with the stock cooler and the ram sinks with the aftermarket one you sold me don't stick so I was just putting it back to stock. I'm sure it's not bricked cause it works till I get to the login screen and sometimes after.

OP
I

ikpthegame

well good news, got it all fixed, used a different bios and it worked. Been holding strong for hours.