• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flat line. CODE BLUE.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Okay. Not an emergency but our team production has finally gone flat. Not really trending up nor down. We could note that trending up is good and trending down is bad and those statements are true. However, trending flat is great. It shows that we are consistant in production. This has always been the reason that our name means death.... (A perversion of the show entitled "Our Flag Means Death". A comedy if you're wondering.) Slow and steady wins the race? You've heard this saying? Yes? While we do have teammates earning big points, we are steady and that is just as important. A sprinter can join a marathon but they will not be the winner. We are not sprinters so we will loose a quarter mile but we are going much further. So keep producing what you can and more when you can do more. Steady is good so be steady. You can also "go" steady if you're sweetie is down for that but we don't need to talk about that here.

Still #9 in the world. Moving up to #8 in about 2.3 weeks. That's exciting news and I'm looking forward to posting about our advancement whent he time comes. EPFL is still gunnin' for us in about 5.1 months. Then we will pass Hardware.no in about 7.4 months to get the #8 spot back.

HayesK_ALL is # 32.
WhitehawkEQ is #36.
torin3 is # 75.
dfonda is #89.

Holdolin is still fighting the good fight and is closing in on the top 100 (for the world) at #114.
HayesK_GRC is #154.

Our active membership is still dropping. Is it something I said? ;) We currently have 48 active members. Our average ppd is 10.6 million which is good. I would say that it is more important that we get the number of active members up over having each of us produce more. This is really a team sport and a smaller team is not better. Come one come all but most important, fold. Any amount is good. 1k, 100k, 1M, 100M, whatever you got is ALL good.

Top 23 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 10 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 6 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 50 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 126 million and 132 million or more. What a great time to be alive.

We need more at the 1 million ppd + level. If you can't then you can't. No shame but if you can, let's git 'er done.

Milestones are a bit light this week. Many of us are finding that as we get higher and higher up, the milestones are harder earned and therefore more rewarding. If you find your self in this dilemma, don't fret. Just fold.

This week we'd like to congratulate:
Mike for earning 20 million. Thank you for folding with us.

Please don't forget that we are trying to create our own stats page. We seem to be stuck and need some creative minds to get us over the hump. The main hump of getting started. Once we have a clear path, there will be other issues that arise but we are focused on the first issue and need help. If you have friends that know stuff and can do things, see if they will give us a starting point or an avenue to study and move forward with. We need just a gental push to get going.

On side notes:
WhithawkEQ has suffered a loss recently. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers if that's what you do.
torin3 has a growing youtube channel where I just learned the difference between braiding and weaving. Very interesting and thank you.

What side projects, hobbies do you do that you may want to share? Let us know with a reply below. Remember, this ain't youtube. There is no AI checking for subscriptions or replies. Our only goal is to build a community that we all feel happy to be a part of. With that in mind, post below.

As a final game I say to you: 99966688 277733 6665553. Guesses are welcome as to the message. Hint: Garnered from our (unofficial) sister site.
Post magically merged:

Oh. I forgot to wish our Mexican friends a happy Cinco de Mayo. This is not a celebration of Mexico's independence like many of us had thought but a celebration of a small Mexican Army defeating a larger French army. The French did retake the land that the Mexican's took back themselves but it was a victory worth celebrating and helped fuel the will to finally expell the French which they did at a later date.

Today, in the US anyway, Cinco de Mayo is an excuse to drink fruity frozen tequela and tacos. I, however, do not need a holiday to endulge in the sweet sweet bounty of a taco. Mmmmmm........ taco.

Last edited:
I am experiencing an emotional urge to quit this folding.
Perhaps I am too emotional or I expect that the WUs should be more equivalent in PPD. But my emotional "being" wants something that is predictable and consistently producible.
When the experience is like trying to drive a vehicle with rubber bands instead of steel linkage, who would try to drive a motor vehicle like that?
Sigh . . . .
Really SAD . . .
About to shut this whole crap down.

Ok, i see the correlation: drinking tacos will have you code blue :p

Funny story, I play a lot of online games. In one of them I had a healer named. yep, you guessed it: codeblue :chair:

Perhaps I am too emotional or I expect that the WUs should be more equivalent in PPD. But my emotional "being" wants something that is predictable and consistently producible.
When the experience is like trying to drive a vehicle with rubber bands instead of steel linkage, who would try to drive a motor vehicle like that?
Sigh . . . .
Really SAD . . .
I know how you feel, but hang in there as new WU's come out, some are going to be big points producers and some will be real duds, but is all about the science. Keep on keeping on :thup:

I am experiencing an emotional urge to quit this folding . Marriage
Perhaps I am too emotional or I expect that the WUs s Wife should be more equivalent in PPD. But my emotional "being" wants something that is predictable and consistently producible.
Sigh . . . .
Really SAD . . .
There.... :sn:

Sigh . . . .
Really SAD . . .
You're not wrong. For me, it's about the goal. Is the goal to earn points (that you can't spend) or to help cure disease? Are the points about ... wait no. I was about to talk myself into a corner. The points are just a representation of the work being done and are NOT in and of themselves the measure of success. We earn a lot of points because we do a lot of the math needed to form the models on protein folding to help scientists solve the mysteries of cancer and the like. I use the points as a means to have fun with it.

One thing to keep in mind with points is that sometimes, when they find a new way of doing the work, they increase the point value to encourage users (like you and I) to try them out. If it works, then that method gets rolled into full production. If not, it fades away. Many of the old timers will tell you about when F@H was trying to use massive core counts to fold. Guys went out and bought all kinds of high core count CPUs and multi CPU MBs. The points were way high. In the end, it didn't work out and those WUs were dropped. But they tried it and we helped out.

All that but if you aren't enjoying it, quit. Plain and simple. Life is too short to worry about points that get you nothing. However, if you can make it fun and keep working with us, we can hopefully do some good and trash talk those who do less than us. You know, have fun. ;)

I hope you stay but no shame if you don't.

P.S. I have no idea what WUs produce what points. Never did. Just not on my radar, sonar or <blank>dar. For me, they are what they are. I get WUs and earn points. That's all I know. Guys like WhitehawkEQ keep a better eye on WUs/points and help keep the team updated on such things.

Last edited:
My AC needs a few pounds of refrigeration , not critical but I shut down the PC's to make sure it doesn't get too hot. It is a tradition of ours to always have this happen on a 4th holiday... :confused:

I have a couple reliable HVAC buddies, one of them should be out in a day. I didn't want to call today , first thing in the morn.(y)

Back