• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flat Panel Case mods anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blindside

Registered
I'm trying to find something to do to my Viewsonic VE150 LCD as it is the most visible - yet - boring piece of computer equipment I own. Something in plexiglass would be cool...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!
I've seen this done only one before. A wacko gutted an LCD monitors and made an Acrylic protector screen for it, then added LEGS to them that were made out of old denstistry tongs, flexible steel cording, and some sort of clamp vice.

Now where did I see that...

FOUND IT

Last edited:
Holy Captain that is one sweet mod that you linked ! Looks very professional.....I wonder how much that woould cost to do? :eek:

Knowing me though, I would screw it up :(

yanks111 said:
Holy Captain that is one sweet mod that you linked ! Looks very professional.....I wonder how much that woould cost to do? :eek:

Knowing me though, I would screw it up :(

It probably wouldn't cost all that much if you had a little bit of welding talent and access to the equipment. From what I can tell the base is made from the wire protector neck of old magnifying glasses or work lamps and the feet are from a couple different clamps. If you live near a helpful and large hardware store you could probably find all the parts needed in the electrical isle.

The Acrylic could be found in the window and door aisles. Acrylic is fairly easy to cut with a table saw. The irritating part is glueing the pieces together.

Back