• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flexible Tecalan Hose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre Trudeau

Registered
I was just chatting with the webmaster at www.copperstock.com and he suggested that I use flexible tecalan hose. It's a type of very flexible, very durable, high strength plastic hose used as brake line on trucks. And it's cheap. I bought a length of it at Canadian Tire for less then $5 CDN.

Just passing on a good tip. Also, I think he's going to shut the site down in the next while. He was saying business is not going anywhere, which is a shame...

PT

OP
Pierre Trudeau

Pierre Trudeau

Registered
Um, about a meter or 3 ft....

He also has a good tip about repairing plastic.

Passing it along...

PLASTIC REPAIRS
Repairing broken plastic pieces. Use of Super glue mixed with Baking Soda results in a super strong chemical bond to plastic. Caution: You need to act fast because this mix dries almost instantly. Apply super glue first, sprinkle a little baking soda, and then join plastic pieces very quickly.

frostmeister

Thanks for the plastic repair tip Pierre :) Another good hose I've found is braided clear plastic pneumatic airline. 10mm inside diameter - or 3/8ths inch for you imperialists :D. I've had good results from it as it doesn't kink very easily at all, and is very flexible. It will stretch over the outlet of an eheim1250 too - with a bit of cajoleing. You have to get something round in the pipe - like the end of a pen - and move it around stretching the pipe, then it will fit over larger diameters quite well. So well infact, that I'm not using any jubilee clips and it's fine :)

OP
Pierre Trudeau

Pierre Trudeau

Registered
Thanks for the info frostmeister. I couldn't find Tygon tubing anywhere, and went with some of the Tecalan. Very durable, and takes pressures up to 270 Kilos or 595.24 lbs pressure. (HA, you can imagine pressurising the block to 250 kg :) :) )

From reading through the other posts though, it looks like the interest in watercooling has waned. The webmaster at www.copperstock.com wrote and said that he's shutting his site down at the end of this year, due to lack of interest. So, after Jan/03, anyone heading there for stock, should look elsewhere.

Thanks again...

PT

frostmeister

No problems Pierre. I don't know if interest has neccesarily waned; I think those on the sidelines will be back come spring/summer when their noisy fans don't cut the mustard anymore ;-) Maybe I'm lucky too in having a copper stiockist near me (couple of miles) that sells copper the right size? Maybe if more people looked locally in their phone books instead of trawling through the internet, they'd find a wealth of small companies that are local and don't have a website or the need for one due to local demand and word of mouth doing their business for them? Just a thought...