• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flickering TV-out if watching movies fullscreen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

core

My friend has this wierd problem wit his ABIT SILURO GF4Ti4200 OTES card.

Getting the computer to show stuff at the tv is no problem at all. However, when trying to watch movies in fullscreen mode it gets all blurred and flickery. It is possible to enlarge the mediaplayer (different players tested) so it is ALMOST full screen, but if enlarged too much it starts flickering.

We've tried a couple of different detonators but to no avail.
the mobo is an abit nf7-s rev 1.2

Any ideas? is the card faulty?

InThrees

Go to overlay controls in the 'Ti4200' section of advanced display properties and select 'full screen mode' for second device, or something like that. It will automatically fullscreen a video to the tv, even if it's 1/4 screen or actual-pixel on the monitor.

Clarification: "Overlay Controls" has a section on the top called "Full Screen Video and Mirroring Controls".

Select the "Fullscreen Device" drop down box and change it to second or tv or whatever.

OP
core

core

ok, tried that.. does not do squat :(

By some reason, some movies (really few) work ok in fullscreen mode. Most of them, though, are still blurry, flickering or jerking...

any other ideas?

InThrees

try googling 'nimo codec' and install... I think it's version 5 beta 9 is the newest.

Codec problem is the only thing I can think of it happens with only certain media.

That, or your player is screwed up. Try a different player?

OP
core

core

ok, now this truly blows...
tried new detonator drivers, installed nimo codec (which f
*cked all xvid movies and by some reason, xvid wont install)

I'm all out of ideas now... friggin siluro is soon heading out the window!

any last ideas before i toast the piece of shi*t.

my geforce 2 works all fine by the way, isnt the gf4 supposed to be better.. argh! this is driving me insane!!!!!