• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FLOJET 12v or 120v PUMPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DodgeViper

Never gave much thought to these pumps until today. A few years ago I built a portable water heater for camp use so we could have showers while hunting. When building the stainless tank heater I needed to locate a 12 volt pump. After doing some searching a came across a pump called FloJet. The small pump has a pressure switch set to shut off at 30 PSI. The switch can be removed, but after looking at their website you can purchased the pumps without the pressure switch in 12 volt or 120 volt. I can't recall if the pump makes any sound. I am going to pull the heater out and fire it up. I do recall it having good pressure as I had to lift the water about 6'. I have enclosed a link to the site. To give you an idea as to their size, their about the size of an Eheim 1250 pump. Some models are rated at 60 psi.

CLICK

Last edited:

hellrazrblade

if my thinking is correct, you shouldnt need to remove the switch. The system will never reach 30 psi (unless something is very very wrong). if you get one, get one with the switch. thats my thought at least.

OP
DodgeViper

DodgeViper

You can get an idea the size of the pump. The pressure switch is on the right. The temp gauge is 3 inches round. Overall the pump is about 6.5 inches.

Last edited:
OP
DodgeViper

DodgeViper

This thread is about the pump. This is the finished water heater using a 15 gal. stainless beer keg. The burner is on the bottom and use's propane.

Last edited:
OP
DodgeViper

DodgeViper

There are many models, but my pump says 3.5 min. - 6.0 max amps at 12 vdc. The amount of amps used would depend on head height.

The 4000 Series High Flow Quad Pump is 5 gpm/40 PSI and comes in either 12v or 120 volt.

Last edited: