Flood of unwanted video cards at newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner

Wait what? MC has them in stock? Or are you predicting they will? I'll be heading right down to mine if they have any of these gems in stock...
Sounds like a prediction.. but I'll let him answer, lol!

If you want to see what's in stock, online is fairly accurate (for my MC).

DaveB

I've been in the NA queue for a 3080 XC3 Black since Nov '20. The last reported notification was from a user who entered on 10/29/2020. I doubt they will ever fulfill even a small percentage of the prospective buyers' requests.

I spammed F5 trying to enter the 3080 ti FTW3 Ultra on launch day(6/3/21) as an Elite member. I finally got in at 8:32:00. The last reported timestamp is 7:44:37 after roughly 1 month. If this card continues at this pace I should get my notify in another 6-8 weeks. I will probably no longer be interested in the card as I could likely drive to the Microcenter 45 mins away and buy one off the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Wait what? MC has them in stock? Or are you predicting they will? I'll be heading right down to mine if they have any of these gems in stock...

Mine only has the largely unwanted AMD GPUs: 6900XT, 6800XT, and 6700XT.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member

There was a Reddit post just a few days ago that the Detroit (Madison Heights) MicroCenter had AMD and Nvidia cards in stock, though slightly over MSRP.

I haven't been to the store myself in several weeks but the image they posted did appear to be the right store.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader

RX6800XT is very wanted ... but many stores have them way too overpriced. I was lucky to get 2 of them, one at not much above the standard price, about a month after the premiere, and the second one still 40% cheaper than it costs right now (looking at local EU prices).
I guess that RX6700XT could be called unwanted because of the ridiculous price bump over the MSRP. These cards cost up to $1.8k in some EU stores what was close to RX6800XT and often more than RTX3070.

Blaylock

I'm really hoping the 6600XT is priced at (or near) the leaked MSRP of $399.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader

I feel it's too expensive. With current prices count at least $600+ in stores. This is also significantly more than the suggested RTX3060 price, which is still way too high in stores but is going down the fastest. If AMD won't drop MSRP by ~$100 then these cards won't sell. The same as RX6700XT are not selling because even starting price is too high compared to Nvidia options.

Brando

Nvidia cards seem to be in the same boat now. Plenty to choose from but nobody is falling for it :)

nvidialol.jpg

Attachments

• nvidialol.jpg
    nvidialol.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 194

dfonda

Senior Golfer

I had thought EVGA's RMA process was no longer as liberal as it used to be. I read that they try to find reasons to refuse an RMA no matter how trivial.
My only RMA was 18 years ago and it was remarkable...I do not know about now but their prices and their notify system is the only reason I have 3000 series cards....2 at MSRP and 1 just slightly above. Also 2 PSU's recently at MSRP and not inflated prices like at Newegg or Amazon.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior

I want me a new video card, but those dam prices make me wanna puke. I mean projectile puke. My 1070 is still handling my gaming needs even at 1440, but I'm starting to think how long it has left.

I'm considering a 6700/6900XT over the 30XX because of the price.

Dam u pandemic!

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member

I want me a new video card, but those dam prices make me wanna puke. I mean projectile puke. My 1070 is still handling my gaming needs even at 1440, but I'm starting to think how long it has left.

I'm considering a 6700/6900XT over the 30XX because of the price.

Dam u pandemic!
Stick with Nvidia. Have a 5700XT/6800XT and still having driver issues. You know what I don't have driver issues with? My Nvidia cards.

You should have set yourself up in the EVGA queues. Even if money is tight you probably could have got a 3070/3060Ti for what you could have sold the 1070 for on CraigsList. Cards were selling for stupid money around me.

Blaylock

I'm still in the queue for an evga 3070 since November. It's not looking like it will ever happen. I've been in the queue for a 3060ti since January and those ones are even further out from me. Fwiw I put in for the 3070ti and 3080tis on launch day as elite.....nothing.

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member

I'm curious... what driver issues are you seeing, stomp?
The same driver crashing I've had since I got my 5700XT last year. If all I do is switch to an Nvidia card problem solved so it cannot be anything else in my system causing it. Even with a fresh install.

Brando

I've wasted a stupid amount of time watching stock alerts and losing to bots that beat me to the link. Newegg shuffle is just about worthless. EVGA elite is a joke with the queue moving a second or 2 per month with my notifies about 2 hours/2 years out. I don't think I can win this one. I might actually have to over pay for a card. First world problems.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Attachments

• external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 109

Brando

I just want to know if any real people are getting cards at msrp through stock alerts. I've been at it since yesterday and they literally disappear faster than you can load the page to buy them. At this point if I was getting paid for my time that I wasted trying to get a card at normal price I could have paid the difference for an over priced one. The only thing stopping me is that I don't want them to win. It will probably cost me about the same either way since if I wait for cards to come back to normal price my old card won't be worth as much and I'll just lose the money that way and in the mean time won't have a new card. I just really hate the way it's all going and the power of spite is strong.