• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flow layout with submerged pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Istari1

Ok, so I have all my systems parts on the way and I am wondering what order I should route my water through the system. I have a 500 GPH pump with res, a heatercore. and a Maze3. Now people have said that a submerged pump will heat the water (though I havent seen much proof of this). So my question is why dont I just run this flow layout:

pump -> rad -> WB -> pump

This way any heat from the pump will be dissapated by the rad then go to the waterblock, then hopefully a small amount of WB heat will dissapate in the res and then also the rad again. Is there any real problem with this setup? Anything I am overlooking? Thanks all.

Josh

That's how I'd run it. Looking good....make sure to post temps on that shiny new maze 3, I'm sure everyone's curious as I am.

I dont use a rad, but thats the way mine is setup. My theory is that cooler water will be sent to the cpu. I dont really know how much difference it would make, you would have to try it both ways in your own setup to find out.

Back