• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foldathon - Adak to the stars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
does each client have to fold 10 wu's using this passkey. I know I have done at least 20 so far but the bonus does not seem to be kicking in

No the passkey is already qualified so whoever uses it will get bonus points. There migt be something else wrong

reporting for duty

Condolences to Adak's family and friends. I have read his posts for years and always learned something with each one.

Thanks to OCF for setting this up; it is an honour to participate. Let's see how far we can take this!

Louis

Team 3446 (MacRumors), 33 [H] and, now, Team Adak

4P-6172
7970x3
660ti

Last edited:
Welcome aboard to all and thank you for joining in.

Nathan_P stop trying to make me jealous of your setup as its totally working :p

I'll be switching my main GPUs over later tonight. Its the least I can do to honor someone as dedicated to the cause as Adak.

I'm in! Haven't been here in a while, and actually made my home with one of your 'foes', but I'll be folding for Adak come tomorrow morning!

I just switched four trains from one track onto another. No point waiting for tomorrow morning. :)

Never folded ever, so with any luck, I'll get this folding thingy running and folding for Adak.

Hopefully my little CPU can of some use. :p
There a getting started guide if I can't get'r running?

EDIT: Yeah... It's a no go :(
I can see the FAHclient.exe running in process explorer, but nothing happens... no GUI no web interface. Any Ideas?

Last edited:
In, and godspeed to Adak. :(

I haven't folded in a while and I don't recall if there was a GPU client. I have a GTX 460. I'm running the Linux x86_64 binaries on a laptop and my signature PC. I'll be scanning the FAH forum to see if there are any tweaks to get more performance out of the desktop. The laptop is limited by how much heat it can handle.

Foe from OCN, but friend to a fellow folder!!
I was sad to read of Adak's passing but happy to fold for him!
Count me in!

Thank you all for joining in. We haven't "officially" started yet and today we gave Adak 1,686,192 points, great work everyone.

Back