• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

folding again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff Bolton

haven't folded since about may, but i'm back.

see i've slipped from 220th place all the way down to the 600's. you guys have been busy!

i'm on dialup which is why i hadn't been folding, but with this new computer i've finally started again.

nice to be on the team again.

jeff

muddocktor

Retired
Welcome back and be sure to run the -advmethods switch on that Pee 4 rig so that when Stanford gets some more Gromacs WU's in the pipeline, you get them. They fold a lot faster on the P4 than the Tinker WU's.

nightowl

I have seen a few posts where people say they have not been folding becauae they are on dial up. Is there a reason behind this? I am just being curious not critical.
I myself am a dial up user :D

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
WELCOME BACK JEFF!

glad you are back and foding with us, yeah things have been on the rise as of late, lots of new faces:)

FOLD ON
NAS

OP
Jeff Bolton

Jeff Bolton

nice to be back! yodumbs is always bothering me about folding so i fanally gave up and redownloaded the client!

muddocktor said:
Welcome back and be sure to run the -advmethods switch on that Pee 4 rig so that when Stanford gets some more Gromacs WU's in the pipeline, you get them. They fold a lot faster on the P4 than the Tinker WU's.

how do i go about doing this?

jeff

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
Jeff Bolton said:

how do i go about doing this?

jeff

First off you must be using the 3.14 client or later. Make a shortcut to the console. Right click the shortcut & select properties. The target line should look something like this

"C:\Program Files\[email protected]\FAH3Console.exe"

All you have to do is add -advmethods to the end of that line like so.

"C:\Program Files\[email protected]\FAH3Console.exe" -advmethods

lots of gromacs info from gnerma here

FOLD ON
NAS

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
flags

-forceasm is also a good one to add

It'll make the client turn on SSE and 3dNow! if they've been turned off due to instability or an improper shutdown. All you have to do is restart the client and if -forceasm is present in addition to -advmenthods, then you've got youir gromacs bases covered. Just please make sure your rig is stable with the gromacs core. Its a lot rougher than the tinker core is.

chrismacan

Re: flags

Arkaine23 said:
-forceasm is also a good one to add

It'll make the client turn on SSE and 3dNow! if they've been turned off due to instability or an improper shutdown. All you have to do is restart the client and if -forceasm is present in addition to -advmenthods, then you've got youir gromacs bases covered. Just please make sure your rig is stable with the gromacs core. Its a lot rougher than the tinker core is.

Make sure your rig is stable BEFORE you use -forceasm. Otherwise you could be turning in corrupt work units.