• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding for pete_scout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I noticed Pete was getting low so I put my PS3 on him...where it will stay for now.

I know several of us wanted to keep him in color.

I don't remember anything being organized, so may I suggest we take turns?

Then it won't be as much work, I think the idea is not how many points he gets just that we keep him in color.

I have been keeping an eye on his name in case the folks that were on him had to take a break. So now its my turn....I'll keep him in color for the next several months.

We could have a sign up. A month at a time or what ever time frame makes sense. If a rig goes down and we need to be covered we could PM someone on the list to take over.

It would be more of a Team 32 thing this way and sort of show how we all felt about the guy.:grouphug:and how we group together.

Does this make sense?:eh?:

If folks organized privately already let me know. I would like to help out.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
I don't think there's anything "official" with Folding for pete... but, I think doing so is a great idea! :)

Maybe work it out on a quarterly basis... planning ahead any further may be too much. I think three people per month, that way if someone has to drop out there will still be two backups. So each quarter we could have 9 people "sign-up" to Fold for pete.

Just thinking out loud... I'm not volunteering to organize anything. :D

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
That would be fine. We can use this as a sign up thread.

Tho I was thinking its more taking turns to make it a Team effort then one of us actually to be unable to provide coverage.

Any one of us probably has multiple clients at our disposal.

You think there are 9 of us to volunteer? We wouldn't want any one to feel obligated. Just to do it out of compassion for a lost member.

I could always be available for coverage for vacations and such.

Its a small thing really.

PS3's are good for the job.... slow but steady.:)

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
I have done some thinking over the past days since this was posted, and I am not only going to fold under pete_scout for one week at the end of the CC, but I am going to do it annually. Every year from now on, as long as I am folding, I will switch everything I have to his name for one week, on January 8th to remember such a great asset to this team.

I posted this up when ChasR first posted up about Pete's passing last year. I still stand behind what I said, and may even go for 2 weeks instead.

If this is something that goes official, let me know Dave, and we will start working on something for the front page.

dylskee

Sounds like a great idea! I remember pete from a long time ago, he helped me out quite a bit and I was shocked to hear of his passing. When I get everything up and running stable I'll contribute to the cause for sure.