• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding rigs down! sorry ninjas!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asj

Well my folding rig keeps crashing! I think it keeps overheating! the thing does get very warm! So I think I'll have to upgrade a few parts and get it back up and running! So thats a 1600+ @ 1.74Ghz down for a week or so!

Sorry Ninjas! I'll try and get it back up and running as soon as I can! (probably at stock speeds)

Oh and for the parts I was going to upgrade:

Cooling - air.
probably go with the same one Ive got on my 2400+ which is a global win.
And I'll have to get 2 case fans. (only got 1 at the moment and its like 10 years old!)
And I might get DDR ram for it!
And I might put my 20gig Hdd in it!

You think that sounds ok?

David

Forums Super Moderator
Hmm... you need a temp monitor :p.

Are you forcing SSE on it? Forcing SSE on Athlons can cause lockups, btw. Has happened to my duallie rig.

Chris

I lost my 1600 folding power i got from David aswell, Motherboard decided to go belly up. Got another MB now though so just need to get it built up again then ill be up and folding again :)

OP
A

asj

so davids selling us dodgy cpu's! lol! j/king! Yeh I really need a temp monitor but Iam going to get a hsf that I know can cool it fine! and no Iam not forcing SSE on it! Well It was running fine for a while then It'll just crash and the heatsink will be HOT! and I mean HOT but after I let it cool it start fine! Oh and the laptop hdd isn't the best! lol! thats why I want to put my 20gig in it! It'll all have to wait tho cos Ive got alot to do for college!

N

nerdlogic

It's alright honey. I borged another computer yesterday. heheh. Hopefully that will help some.

DreamingWolf

Wheel Walker
I hope you all can get your rigs back up soon (even if it does mean those black-clad scoundrels will be passing me that much sooner) Every cycle counts. Good luck.

DWolf:cool:

OP
A

asj

thats why Iam going to buy a global win copper heatsink and a 80mm fan! It's cooling my 2400+ @ 35°C! so thats not bad! Don't know when I can afford it tho! Iam working tonight so I'll have to get it back up and running after college tomorrow!

Oh gtsimmo yep Ive changed! Pcextreme just wasn't moving up the ranks!