• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding Systems Down...A/C Out!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Before going to bed, my wife asks "is it hot in the bedroom"? I said "it sure is!"

I walked into my office (which has my PCs and network equipment)...it was 39 C in there (that's 102 F!!!).

The A/C unit on the East side of the house had stopped working at some point during the day.

The A/C unit on the West side of the house is working just great.

So - I had to stop all of the folding! This morning, my office had cooled down to a chilly 28 C (82 F).

Called the A/C guy...hopefully it's a quick fix!

Will be down for a bit. Can't run folding in those temperatures (that was the night)...gets up to 95 F outside here during our Florida summers!

OP
JrClocker

JrClocker

The funny thing is I built a "thermal trip circuit" for my office that kills power to the units when the room hits 40 C.

I never thought I would ever get to that temperature!

At least I got to gracefully shut the PCs down.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
The funny thing is I built a "thermal trip circuit" for my office that kills power to the units when the room hits 40 C.

I never thought I would ever get to that temperature!

At least I got to gracefully shut the PCs down.
Curious about said circuit!]

Hopefully you will be up and folding asap!!!! :thup:

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
This is the high heat that brings nearly every team down. I'm sure you'll be back up and running soon enough.

OP
JrClocker

JrClocker

My A/C was back up Friday afternoon - I have a great A/C guy! :thup:

This weekend it was a battle between folding or playing The Witcher 3...The Witcher 3 won! :D